Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Time will not delay



Time will not delay
January 15, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



For a mother about to give birth, a second is never ending.
For a toddler who is taking his first steps, a second is worth his life.
For a father who holds his child for the first time, a second is priceless.
For a bride who's about to get married, a second is worth dying for.
For a terminally ill patient, a second is a matter of life or death.
For a child who starts his first day at school, a second is worth everything when he doesn't want to let go of her mother's finger.

For an athlete, a second is worth gold...

Today is the 15th, eight weeks post surgery but it feels more like an eternity. The entire time at the gym I kept thinking that it's been ages since I broke a good sweat and was caught amidst anxiety and frustration after getting the eagerness to perform a hard core routine. That thirst will have to be quenched at another time.
I tried to perform an arch like before but my arms are very puny and failed…
Running, spinning, jumping and sprinting are currently discarded. 

How much longer? That triumph is unbeknownst to me. I neglect to think about it any further, the matter is, how can that be avoided when the pain on my knee keeps throbbing? More so today, I cumbersomely counted every single second when being unable to withstand the physical strain. This time though, both knees were resonating as a reminder that THE time is not peering in my window just yet. 

A gym buddy told me, "Take it easy, you are still in excellent shape, your surgery is very recent" The truth is that every millisecond, second, minute, hour, day, week, and month being absent from my regular routine has been an infinity. 
A second is worth gold as it defines whether or not the pain will be more severe, a second will reaffirm my physical wholeness, a second will dictate whether my soul is at ease, a second will narrow the gap I've been looking to bridge since I broke down physically. 

Being in dire straits is not a fun position but in the midst of my physical limitations is when I have always forced myself to get a hold of me, to be stronger, more focused and cherish every second that goes by… because timing is everything.

Para un atleta, un segundo vale oro.

God always forgives, humans sometimes forgive…
time NEVER forgives.

Work is hard, distractions are plentiful. And time is short.

A  man who dares to waste one hour of time, has not discovered the value of life.
Charles Darwin


No comments: