Thursday, January 3, 2013

Making the most of my time left


Making the most of
my time left
January 3rd, 2013
By: GIna Yoryet Roman



If I were given the choice to check out now, I'd respond without hesitating, I'll die another day, today is not the best moment." We can run away from many things, except death. Thinking about this topic, gives me the creeps especially because I have never experienced the grief of losing a loved one. 

Each time someone tells me to slow down and smell the coffee, I reply, "I can't do that now, tomorrow nor the day after, there will be more than enough time to rest when I die."
Life is too short so I have to make sure my time is split up evenly between the activities that keep me entertained which will take me to my victories. They are very personal right now, that's why I am opting to keep them to myself. 

Amongst my incessant to-do list (there are a few tasks boiling in my bucket) is to read more about spiritual and motivational matters but first and foremost, everything that was left on standby pre-surgery, needs to be taken care of before I proceed with my plans for 2013 - that's the reason why I didn't write down, or I why I haven't put together a list of goals for this year yet.

Browsing through the net, this immediate eye-catching article dazzled my eye, it was the perfect fuel I've been in need for, to reach out to one of my victories...

Journalist Susan Spencer-Wendel, who is paralyzed by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (AKA: ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease), wrote her life story, her Memoir about the Beauty of Living using only her right thumb, all her other fingers were no longer working. 

This 45 year old woman is witnessing herself wither each day that goes by, yet she is not willing to give up until the end. Through this memoir she is making every moment count, she decided to stop dreaming and started acting.

She is our living proof that our passion will be the fuel to keep us going till we cease to exist. 
This is THE perfect fuel at the right place and time to make me think about my "limitations," act with the weapons I've been endowed with and use them until tomorrow, the next tomorrow and the following day. 

Some things were in the make for a rather long while, therefore 2013 is THE year to  go further than thinking and dreaming…Now is the time to start acting. 
2013 is the year when my heart is pounding harder and faster, it is the cycle that will take me closer to Victoria number 1 and Victoria number 2, 3, 4 and 5 are entwined to it to make the most of my time left. 

No comments: