Monday, January 21, 2013

I Have a Dream



I Have a Dream
January 21st, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


Obama's second term inaugural address made me reminiscence about one of the most influential African American leaders in U. S. history…
Martin Luther King, Jr. who fought incessantly for his people's rights till he was lamentably murdered on April 4, 1968. 

As President Obama proudly stood in the White House laying out a battle plan for the next four years, he made MLKJr's dream become reality.

Through his famous "I have a dream" speech MLKJr., envisioned his desires stir the hearts of not only a whole nation but an entire world. That illusion has been alive since and millions of African Americans and minorities in the U. S. have witnessed it. 

Today during Obama's second term inaugural address, MLKJr's face was outlined in my mind. The commotion of millions of people during such important event spread the euphoria upon my spirit and I immediately started daydreaming and came up with this idea of MY dream….

I have a dream that we will unite and be a healthier and cleaner world.
I have a dream that Mexico and the U. S. come together and lower their overweight and obesity rate.
I have a dream that our society stopped being sluggish and get moving.
I have a dream that we have a thin, healthy and properly nurtured country as opposed to an overweight and under-nurtured world.
I have a dream that we had a healthier and more aware society.
I have a dream that we stopped eating mindlessly, compulsively, impulsively, unnecessarily and emotionally.
I have a dream that we passed on clean eating habits to the many generations to come.
I have a dream that we stopped looking for excuses and blaming our genetics, family and lifestyle to reach our physical goal.
I have a dream that we ate smarter and cleaner.
I have a dream that people stopped dieting and held on to a healthy eternity.
I have a dream that we were stronger-willed, more disciplined and adamant to make health our priority and slowly converted it into a lifestyle.  
I have a dream that we treated our body like a temple.
I have a dream that we loved our bodies for what they are meant to accomplish and not forget about vanity issues. 
I have a dream that we stopped automatically assuming that working at an office and/or behind a desk/computer is the equivalent to becoming overweight and obese.
I have a dream that men and women competed more amongst one another to become healthier.
I have a dream that junk food disappeared.
I have a dream that there weren't so many social events to avoid stuffing my face with whatever I can get my hands on.
I have a dream that my emotions were always stable to better control them and not shelter myself on low quality food.
I have a dream that health and fitness is NOT classified by gender, color, age, social class, or life's circumstances.
I wish everyone sheltered themselves in a positive way like in: God, family, work and health and fitness
I have a dream that people ate when they are hungry, not when they are deceived by their tricky mind.
I have a dream that everyone had more incredible self-control with health matters.
I have a dream that one of my Victoria's-Victories is to set foot in this world in April 2013.
I have a dream that everyone is blessed with focus, amazing mental power, discipline, persistence, resistance and incredible healthy habits.
I have a dream that women stopped using motherhood as an excuse
I have a dream that people didn't excuse themselves with age, injuries and illnesses and not be distant with exercising.
I have a dream that tonight I will once again dream about my Victories
I have a dream that I will write, read and learn about health and fitness till I drop. 
I have a dream that I will NEVER tire and that I will be the hero and protagonist of that story and change the universe's life…




No comments: