Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Quantum of solace


Quantum of solace
March 27, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman




From Wednesday March 20, till this Monday the 25th, I was at a loss due to an unexplainable and unexpected emotion. Inside me stirred a feeling of loss, emptiness and solitude, as if just losing a loved one. Not only was it hard to remain faithful to my workout routine, but I was not eating at my regular times, was having very low quality and heavy meals, was not focused to pray, or read, got very little work done, only managed to do one day of volunteer work, only posted once in an entire week, it all accumulated to a deep sleep. All this unnecessary drama, made me drop two kilos in such a short span of time. I am always caught off guard by my temple as it is an out of control weight dropping machine when my spirits are low. It is most definitely NOT the best way to shed off that stubborn extra weight!

On Monday, getting out of bed at 11:30 was such a drag that I basically had to force myself! Then I Managed to get some cleaning done, took a long and cold shower to get myself together, made myself a nice, late lunch, got some work done, and went to Spanish class. That kept my mind busy enough to avoid letting the drama queen come out again. LOL!

The day after, while conversing with one of my sisters, I mentioned the way I was feeling and she put my eleven year old niece on the phone for her to tell me about her busy agenda and all her goals and accomplishments within the next few weeks. She was chosen to represent her school in a small project, therefore, she’s going to Washington D. C. in June! The second I heard her voice, was instantly miraculous. All it took to soothe my solace, was her angelic little voice, and there I was, unable to hold back a wide smile!
THANK GOODNESS I chatted with another communicative damsel because she informed me of her brother’s A. B. J’s, 8th birthday (yesterday) which completely slipped through my mind. 

Yesterday morning right after reading a book about spirituality, I wrote myself a note on my left palm as a reminder of the promise of a new day...his birthday. I called my sister’s cell phone and was very happy to hear his blissful little voice pick up. My mental abatement somehow withered straightaway when hearing him giggling. The presence of my niece and nephews, brings incomparable happiness to my existence. Witnessing them blossom and knowing that they will always be just a phone call away, is beyond any highly priced possession.

That is why each time I hear their voices, my obscure quantums of solace goe unrecalled. Number one, because it was only a feeling that robbed me from sleep for a number of nights. Number two, I have not lost a loved one. On the contrary, I only gained more closeness with my sweethearts (my family). That is why my philosophy about this emptiness lying within, is that through those cloudy moments the ones who really care about us, will step up and reach out to fill that empty void with lots of TLC!

No comments: