Thursday, March 7, 2013

Love it or Leave it!

Love it or Leave it
March 7 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman




Now that I am more in accordance with my morning routine, I am so out of sync with pm workouts. Since I can't seem to get pumped up enough later in the day, my time spent at the gym feels more like a drag that all I want to do, is get it over with.Yesterday, I was only able to work in a slow motion hour due to the throat infection  (it is debilitating me) that was finally alleviating and because of lack of energy. It's been rather hard to find my drive to get me moving the last few days that I've practically forced myself to stop obstructing my mind in order to avoid getting distracted and to stay focused. 

Last Wednesday, Feb 28, I started a knee strengthening routine in the pool that soothed me physically for just a little while. I could immediately tell the difference between calisthenics and running. What pushed me to get in the water, was the strong desire to speed up the healing process and be able to jog slowly for 20 or 30 minutes. 
The aforementioned is the best one can do for speedier recovery. The latter requires great intensity from most (if not) all of your body. I would most definitely stick to the second one! 

Anyhow, I was not in the mood of jumping in the pool and getting started on a knee strengthening routine but I went ahead and did it anyway. I stimulated my mind to shut down and NOT let myself get guided by the pessimistic little voice buzzing in my ear. 
Tuesday's pm workout didn't sound attractive either but I got it done regardless of the self-complaints. This time there really was another menacing factor - an allergic reaction to something which made me break out and scratch myself nonstop.  

Where I'm trying to get, is that 90% of the times I'd prefer to hibernate at home and be a couch potato to stuff my face with all the low quality food I can get a hold of.
Yet, I refuse to give in to those thoughts and feelings. If I ever let them surpass me, they will be in control and I am not one to give in to my self-destructive corporal craving demands. 

It's like they say, "Love it or Leave it." I have two choices.
Number 1:  Continue with the lifestyle I chose and which I love because albeit not being in the mood a vast majority of times, once I get my mojo going but more once I'm through, it is very self-fulfilling. 
Number 2: Forget the 18 year legacy I have built for good.This time I will lock grips permanently with the first option.

Sure, those 5am rises are tough!
Honestly, holding back on junk food can be very difficult (ONLY sometimes, once my body got used to eating clean, it doesn't react too well when I feed it with the improper fuel). 
Sure, keeping the consistency of a clean lifestyle can be annoying.

BUT I chose that and I am sticking with it…

Loving it is more powerful than forsaking it!

No comments: