Monday, February 25, 2013

God always forgives, humans sometimes forgive…time NEVER forgives


God always forgives, humans sometimes 
forgive…time NEVER forgives
February 25, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



Just because our plans are to end something, doesn’t mean they are God’s. And just because we make mistakes -big or small- doesn’t mean He can’t fix them.
I do reflecting a whole lot, and often ask the purpose of each object, person and being in this world. One of the most tangled up topics, are relationships. It takes the littlest tension to destroy a lifetime's worth. 

We are fond of each other, yet we neglect to mend the small and insignificant matters. From own experience and others', I have witnessed one relationship after another being fragmented into tiny particles unable to be put back into its original shape. 

I don't like judging anyone because their reasoning is unknown to me but I do question, "what would it take to pick up the phone or do whatever it takes to reach out and drop nothing but caring words such as, "I love you, I want you back in my life?" It's like they said, it is easier said than done!

A million reasons and excuses: 

Pride, anger, resentment, hurt, disbelief, lack of trust, skepticism, fear of getting rejected, lack of faith, affliction, etc.

Last year I lost a very close friend of mine who for unexplained reasons decided to vanish. She was going through a very dark stage at that moment and as much as I offered to be there, she simply distanced herself. A few months later, I called her wanting to reconnect… that didn't happen. I still don't blame her but I do wonder what made her take the decision to eliminate me from her life. Perhaps I was not a good friend, not attentive enough. Maybe I was so involved in my own affairs, casting aside her suffering? I was given the benefit of the doubt and I accept it. There was never an argument, disagreement or tension between us, or so I believed. Regardless of all this, the times spent with her will be cherished for as long as I shall live. 

Relationships like this, are almost impossible to disregard because of such deep bonds. They can impulse us to make an effort and build the strength to try and re-establish them because even if we may not want them, that is NOT necessarily what God's got lined up for us. 

I would love our paths to reconnect to resume our friendship one day. More after watching "power to change," When there's true love and affection, I believe in second chances. It takes a lot of work, energy, effort, and will, to put the pieces back together. That's why  I never gave anyone a second opportunity before, but now I try to be reasonable to the ones I care about deeply and when I am given an opportunity because life is too short and tomorrow may be too late…

God always forgives, humans sometimes 
forgive…time NEVER forgives

No comments: