Friday, November 30, 2012

My shoe mania

The Hyper rocketgirl pink, blue & white spikes

The saucony grid kilkenny xc4 spikes
My shoe mania
November 30, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roma






The finger shoe
The women's Newton distance
The women's Newton gravity



A Tarahumara runner in Mexico's Copper Canyons - running only with sandals








They can be, black, white, blue, brown, pink, red, purple, green, you name it! The color is the least important detail to anguish about as long as they are the perfect fit and they provide enough comfort.

Women's shoes are very beautiful and sexy and I can spoil myself with many flaunting pairs but I have always automatically inclined towards running and training shoes rather than stern high heels  because they get much better use, I utilize them until the average 350-550 mile span (depending on one's body weight, running style and surface when running) dissipates. 



Someone told me once that spending so much money on workout gears is a waste of money but I strongly disagree. I am beguiled by them, my feet, back and calves deserve it. I don't dislike stilettos, I really like them as well but I will always stick with the simplicity of workout shoes.Someone told me once that spending so much money on workout gears is a waste of money but I strongly disagree. I am beguiled by them, my feet, back and calves deserve it. I don't dislike stilettos, I love wearing them when I go out or I'd wear them all the time when I used to work as a demo girl. BUT I will always stick with the simplicity and comfort of workout shoes.

Amongst my favorite are:

The finger shoe - it is the closest to running barefoot which according to some running sites and research, it is not as harsh on your feet.
http://running.competitor.com/2011/01/trail-running/baring-your-soles-is-barefoot-running-right-for-you_20539The women's newton distance - they're very light. 
The women's Newton Gravity - they make you feel like you're floating as they reduce the shock of each step.

The wonen track spikes are also on my must haves, I still have my running spikes basics that I used in Track & Field
when I was in college.
Since I've not been running I only own about 6 six pairs of running shoes but in 'the good 'ole days' I had about 10 of them in one season, plus my power walking and my gym ones. I never liked to wear the same pair two or three days in a row AND I  still love matching them with my workout outfit, my timer, my knee brace and band (if I wear them) and even with my water bottle/container.

I've never been a fashionista but when it comes to my workout shoes and clothes, I am very particular. My girly side takes over in that aspect but when it is about getting down and dirty and playing rough, I am definitely game!
Once a Brazilian friend of mine invited me to workout at his gym and he told me, "You train harder than they guys!"

NO PAIN NO GAIN!




No comments: