Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Chupinaya 13.8k

The Chupinaya 13.8k
By: Gina Yoryet Roman
December 1st, 2012


Miss Supercross Dianna Dahlgren



Too much idle time always leaves room for the mind to stray and so many thoughts have lingered in my mind. In 'facing my fears,' just two days ago I mentioned that I am already preparing myself mentally for my come back, not physically quite yet. As a matter of fact I already know that on the first day there will be a battle with me, myself and I to force Gina Yoryet out of bed at the crack of dawn to make it to the gym. I'll start out slowly merging my early mornings little by little until the habit is developed once again. 

I am already envisioning myself training to regain my strength and muscles then power walking, trotting, surging and sprinting. With the help of my runner's bibles I'll eventually get there. 


1) Brain Training for Runners
Matt Fitzgerald

2) Marathoning for Mortals
The Penguin Bingham & Coach Jenny Hadfield

3) Running at 40, 50, 60 (There's plenty of time before I reach
those stages but it is better to anticipate to avoid future injuries)

4) The Runner's Diet
Madelyn H. Fernstrom, PhD, CNS

5) The Athlete's Palate cookbook
Yishane Lee

 6) The Complete Runner's Day-by-Day Log
Marty Jerome

As any typical health and fitness enthusiast and/or gym rat, I am getting soaked with health, diet, workout and running articles (my own included). Through my internet search, I unexpectedly encountered this article in the Guadalajara Reporter, a local newspaper for the foreign community. Runners set to scale La Chupinaya:  http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/expat-living-mainmenu-91/lake-chapala-mainmenu-51/community-news-mainmenu-64/31607-runners-set-to-scale-la-chupinaya-.html
Posted on August 24, earlier this year. La carrera 13.8k de la Chupinaya was initiated in 1997. In other times this distance would've been a piece of cake for me but my competitive nature is getting antsy to participate. 

December will be pretty laid back, but in exactly thirty-one days from today, I will be on my training quest to score that 13.8k!
Before that, I have to sketch it all out with an effective diet and fitness plan. For the first time EVER, I am committing myself to:

1) Try the five meal plan to avoid from craving. 

Plus 

1) Stay focused (go on nun mode for weeks and months at a time; in other words, avoid staying up too late or drinking high calorie drinks or heavy dinners) to get lean again. 

2) Alternate between running, cross training, cross fit and Bikram yoga. 

3) Increase my muscle percentage. Get more cut than before. 

I want to welcome my late thirties and forties projecting a healthier and stronger me.





No comments: