Thursday, December 13, 2012

Drinking has its benefits…


Drinking has its benefits…
By: Gina Yoryet Roman
Dec 13, 2012




My drinking habits are abiding all year round, that's why my fridge is always equipped with two exquisite and refreshing drinks.

Firstly, I don't give room for high caloric drinks such as coke or Arizona juice because their sugar content is very high (even when coke is amongst my top 3 favorite junk drinks). I can immediately dump them over something more natural and healthy. The only time I've had coke about three or four days a week for eight weeks straight (and almost 1 entire liter of coke one day), was just a few weeks ago because my body cajoled me into cheating.  

Red bull and energy drinks of that sort are not a temptation, they feel more like a poison in my body. The only time I had half a bottle of one Red bull, the texture was funny, the after drinking effect was like loads of sugar on my tongue so I rather stick to more ordinary fluids. 

Gatorade, powerade, electrolyte, and other power drinks of that category can be detrimental in the long run. 

Coffee and hot chocolate aren't amongst my must haves for two reasons; 
1) I'm not  a coffee addict, doing without it suits me well. My metabolism is very fast as it is and I'm pretty hyped up 95% of the time. 
2) The sugar content in chocolate is outrageous, that's why I only have it very randomly.

Booze is not something I voluntarily buy unless I go to a BYOB (bring your own booze) potluck or dinner. 
Wine, I am not some sort of connoisseur of it. 
Rum, Whisky, Vodka, I am not too keen on these, I can't tell the difference between them to begin with. I'm a babe in the woods in this aspect. 
Therefore, I'd rather stick with good the 'ole tequila. 

My drinking habits don't have to do with any of the already mentioned. My affair with a good drink is better connected with greens. On a sweltering summer I can have up to three liters or more, during the winter the consumption is reduced to two liters always leaving me refreshed, no matter the weather. 

A glass of this green blood is always lying on my nightstand, ready for me when I wake up in the middle of the night.
When I go out for a late dinner, my bottle of this green liquid is always embraced by my grip.

The reason why I am all for this stimulating green drink is because:
It provides the same benefits as iron
It is a powerful detoxifier and tonic
It is high in amino acids
It cleans blood and it creates red blood cells
It helps maintain a healthy colon
It regulates calcium
It is a very powerful antiviral and anti-bacterial 
It improves liver function
It stops cancer cells from developing
It helps fight infection
It is an oxygen booster
It is rich in enzymes that promote quick rejuvenation of our cells
It helps skin disorders
It helps break addictions
It is used as an anti-inflammatory
It is calorie free unless you choose the sugared type 

Chlorophyl offers the benefits mentioned above plus others, that is why there is always a bottle of this marvelous drink in my covert.
And 
Health is one of my priorities so once I am 100% recovered, I will cross the milestone of just being healthy to being fit once again with this drink plus a load of water, plenty of milk and enough protein shakes backing me up so I can take advantage of the many benefits of drinking. 

No comments: