Sunday, December 16, 2012

I couldn't ask 4 more on a Dec 16


I couldn't ask for more...
on a December 16
By: Gina Yoryet Roman
December 16, 2012







Reading my horoscope is not a habit of mine for a number of reasons. One of them is the lack of time and interest, and the skepticism that always invades my mind, but I just got through reading it by coincidence.

Sagittarius daily Overview
Your social energy is vibrating at just the right frequency today -- so make the most of it and connect or reconnect with folks who could be important to you. It's a great day for parties!


Here's when the rebuttal begins:

1) My social energy is not vibrating at all. It's been awfully low since I have not exercised regularly and stopped taking my vitamins.

2) I did somewhat reconnect with a very important person that I kept avoiding to call (I just got off the phone after talking to him). 
My father! At any given moment in the past not only would I have refused to talk to him but the only thought of him would've stirred nothing but negative emotions within. Many pessimistic memories about him haunted me endlessly unlike now. I won't discuss our issues in detail but one of the reasons we never clicked is because we are a mirror of one another in many ways. We both are very strong willed and imposing, that's why there were many confrontations while growing up. 
Neverthless, this morning when one of my sisters called I told her that I am very grateful for all the undeserved blessings I've been given.

3) Today it is most definitely NOT a good day for parties! My list of priorities has reversed, meaning that partying comes at the very far end of my list. I expressed my deepest thoughts and feelings to my sister this morning about my panorama like this:

TRJ- RG3,

"Too bad we didn't have a chance to catch up with all this family craze as we celebrated HR1's (my oldest brother) birthday yesterday and mine today. Don't sweat it, there will always be time later on like mom always said, "hay mas tiempo que vida," - time is longer than the rope. 
Thanks for everything, my day was very nice and quiet but that is all I need because I am very grateful to everyone for everything. Mom and I didn't go out to lunch or anything, we just went to mass, had lunch here and i finished some work. 
I was feeling down for a few days because I always get melancholic during the holidays but the truth is that God has given me way too much. Plus there are millions of people who are really at their very lowest so I am just happy to finally be in the final stage of this physical interruption that really had me suffering!
I have a lot of faith, hope and inner peace like never before and I was radiant in happiness when all of you called (except RG2, but I know she's not too expressive so I am not bothered). Even dad called just a little while ago. Just knowing that all of you are a part of my life, is priceless. 
It is the bomb to have so much love and so many siblings but the best of all is that we are very close. Having you and knowing that we are all healthy and that we have a wonderful mother who's always been a true warrior and a great example to us, is one of the greatest blessings. 
Listening to my niece and nephews adorable voices singing happy birthday to me is heart melting!
Dad sounds a lot more relaxed now and I am at ease because we are now finally able to let sleeping dogs lie and we are ok. I am going to go see him as soon as I am fully recovered physically.
There isn't really any better way to celebrate my birthday, so I could NOT ask for more."

God bless!

4) My two or three real close and lifetime friends facebooked me as well (I reopened another account that I very seldom check but for the most part, I only look at the notifications that I get by email without having to open my dull, pictureless and commentless account)
The nicest comment from my long time great friend, K. E. was, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND. I LOVE YOU LOTS AND MISS YOU SO MUCH. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!"

With this in hand, what else could I have thirsted for on a December 16 or any given day?


No comments: