Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daily Affirmations

Daily Affirmations
November 20, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



One of my students and now a good friend of mine were discussing our physical limitations a few weeks back. She attended ritmos Latinos dance lessons regularly until she pulled a ligament. She complained about being so out of shape but she looks great to me. It is easy for women to overlook our
internal/external beauty and appreciate our body. I told her that day, just like I try to tell all the wonderful ladies I meet that the female body is the most powerful engine so we have to embrace it and accept the changes we have to face at every stage in life. 

We talked about all the benefits of doing what we like brings. In the midst of our pain we felt the support and camaraderie of just being there by talking and sharing our down moments. 

To boost our mood we read a little of 'The Mind, Body and Soul Diet,' by Jennifer Nicole Lee and another book by Louise Hays called, 'You Can Heal Your Life,' which talks about the cancer phase Louise Hays went through and she pulled through it without a problem with the powerful force of her mind. 

'You Can Heal Your Life,' is on my Christmas shopping book list as I try to feed my mind, body and soul with positive readings, people, environment, actions to help me assuage the daily chaos. 

H. R. also shared a very beautiful video of a little girl called Jessica,  "Daily Affirmations."
I am trying to soak myself with videos like this one which impact me greatly and I really enjoy.


No comments: