Monday, November 19, 2012

Momentum


Momentum
November 19, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


When my hotmail account was hacked almost two years ago, I cried because I lost a lot of highly important information. A sense of loss lingered within the entire time I was on denial. Amongst all that priceless information,  there was a fitness quote called, 'momentum,' which helped me stay motivated and get closer than ever to my fitness goal earlier this year. 
I've been looking for that quote in google at no avail. Right now my mind is in desperate need of a boost to get my flojo going. I am only on day four of recovery but I want to take giant leaps to get going because it hasn't felt like me for almost five months!

So here I am really struggling with staying still, my leg is resting covered with ice packs and I am, calling out, "Georgie, Yo-yo, Yuyito, gorda, Yuyo, Georgita, Yor, Yo', Gina, Ginita, Gio, don't ruin your momentum. You are one step away from reaching wholeness, don't you dare go crazy!
These idle moments are not easy at all for such a hyped up person like you but some day sooner rather than later, they will pay off every single suffering moment. Wait for the right moment to build your momentum. BUT! Once you get going, don't let go until you've have gone over your last goal."

A few days ago, I was on a countdown to put a halt to physical pain, now I am on the road to re-starting my momentum...


"I sat down with my trainers to check my past seasons and to see what could be done to keep me motivated and in good shape. I had to find a new motivation…
a new momentum."
Hermann Maier

"Most of life is routine - dull and grubby, but routine is the momentum that keeps a man going. If you wait for inspiration you'll be standing on the corner after the parade is a mile down the street."
Ben Nicholas

"For an hour every day, I did something. I was on the elliptical or the treadmill, and if someone asked me to go to a class - whether it was spinning, boxing, yoga, you name it - I went. By the end of the month, I felt so good, I just kept going. I didn't want to lose my momentum."
Molly Sims




No comments: