Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Feeding my mind body and soul


 
Feeding my mind body and soul…
Spiritual, physical & mental goals
August 27, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman

Now that my physical challenge has been narrowed down, I will be able to sleep better, tackle and play around it in order to defeat it. Despite not having stability time wise, I will manage to squeeze in my first therapy session this Saturday once my agenda bounces back to normality.

Physical goals:
1) Embark on a pain free journey to adjust the 5mm cystic lesion on my distal femur (once I am on stable grounds I will research into dept and write about it).
2) Schedule three or four brisk walks, stay away from the bike or anything that aggravates the injury. Mainly work on my upper body; arms, abs, etc.
1)     3) stick to veggies, tuna and fish; green juices, anything including vegetables. Drink more green tea, water. DO NOT give in to unnecessary, mindless, compulsive, impulsive and emotional cravings!

Spiritual goals:
2)     Pray and meditate more to replenish my soul.
1)     Go to church and see what kind of volunteer work I can do this weekend.
2)      Learn the prayers the priest recommended when I was confessed.
3)     Read five short stories of ‘La Vida de Los Santos,’ the other priest suggested.
4)     Don’t think about my needs so much; reach out to others’ instead.

Mind goals:
1)     Read more about the human body, knee and physical injuries, types of therapy, diet and workout alternatives.
2)     See how I can help the young athletes I’ll perhaps be working with soon.
3)     Don’t read or watch any violent news.
4)     Try new relaxing teas to release the tension and enjoy more hours of zzz’s.
5)     Write and post more about health and fitness.

No comments: