Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Becoming a gimper of my trade…

Becoming a gimper of my trade… 
August 14, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Román
Getting through that 21k!
Health and fitness was not my major in college, it started as a torture during my adolescence to lose weight (when I was 17) and feel ‘attractive’ since not a single boy would gaze at me. The only contact I had with boys was when we horse played or when we got into a fist fight. After three or four years of starting again, giving up and lacking devotion, it finally enchanted me after seeing the results and feeling 100% better. From there on it became one of my top hobbies, later on it progressed into a career and a lifestyle that has turned me into a gimper of my own trade, (A gimper is someone who cannot settle with mediocre or even standard performance. When they look at the expectations other people have from them, their first concern isn’t whether they can meet the expectations, or whether they can getaway with substandard. They want to overachieve and they will spare no effort until they’ve exceeded all expectations.)

As a gimper of health and nutrition, I feel very limited because of my knee injury, it has not progressed for the better, the pain keeps getting more intense as days go by and I neglect to get it checked because I am terrified of what I will more likely be told, “You need a surgery immediately.” So I’ll eventually have to confront that reality but for the time being I’ll keep pushing it back…

Or perhaps I should NOT be a deaf tenant in my own body. I should try the R. I. C. E. = Rice, Ice, Compress and Elevate method more often to see the outcome. Maybe I should try giving my engine a break and focus more on girly workouts. YUCK, NO! When it comes to exercising, getting down and dirty and sweat like a man is a MUST!

To begin with, I’ll cut back on my crack of dawn routines (which I am dreading because I had hit my borderline) to no more than two days a week and complement that with two pm routines. Fatigue had the best of me, I looked tired, felt exhausted and sleepy all the time, my expression lines were starting to get VERY visible, I lacked energy and my metabolism hit the bottom. It must be the thirties and my sleep deprived nights!

While I was driving back from the gym today, there was an idea cooking in my brain. Be a snoop and start meeting, chatting and interviewing other health and fitness enthusiasts and health club owners, perhaps even tapatio professional athletes so they can share their intake on this topic, their fuel, their diet, their routines and as much as they want to share so I can become even a more expertised gimper of my trade, my passion my life because there will always be something to learn.

One good example is that as health and fitness enthusiasts the first MUST learning step, is to get to know our blood type in order to adjust the proper diet according to it, our body type (Ectomorph, mesomorph or Endomorph) and its needs in order to nurture it accordingly, avoid unnecessary diets to enjoy health and fitness and turn it into a lifestyle.

Being caught in the midst of the Mesomorph and the Endomorph body types, I’ll get to know my temple more in order to render better and faster results.

No comments: