Thursday, July 25, 2013

Passion is a key element


Passion is a key element
Original post written on
July 20, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


“I love watching the skill and passion of great athletes as they give their all on the field. It shows their love for the game. Conversely, when a long season is winding down and a team is already eliminated from any opportunity for championship or playoff games, sometimes it seems that the players are merely “going through the motions.” Their lack of passion can be disappointing to fans who have paid to watch a good game.”
In accordance to the above quote I found a few weeks ago, attitude, determination, devotion, effort, focus as well as passion, are indispensable factors in our personal life when we are set to reach a goal. Athletes have to pay a price if they want to be number one, they have to condition their body and mind to perform at their best. They train, eat clean, and take care of their bodies to be recognized for their efforts. Students have to work arduously and pull many all nighters absorbing as much knowledge as possible when they pursue a Master’s or PHD. Singers have to perfection their vocal cords to deliver a soothing sound through their music. A woman patiently endures the pre and post maternity repercussion to become a mother, an enamoured adolescent forbearingly waits for his first love. A true man bravely and calmly waits for the right woman and stands out for his family without ever leaving them high and dry. A blossoming young woman quietly awaits to turn fifteen years old and become a woman to discover the beauty of life. 
Whether we are children, young adults, male, female, business entrepreneurs homemakers, or celebrities we are all driven by a force called passion that reveals our purpose. My personal stimulus has lingered within for many years since I started my spiritualfitnesswriting, professional and other affairs. I unknowingly but very willingly made them happen. When I started playing sports my main drive were either my fear and lack of confidence, my need to be acknowledged for an accomplishment, my determination to prove the world that I was stronger than any obstacle lying ahead and within, or the desire to make my way to a legacy and one day become my own legend. 
That spiritual, fitness and writing prearrangements were a few of the best gifts I’ve ever made from me to me. It never crossed my mind to share my writing with others or to be regarded as an example and be approached by those who want to make a difference in their lives by making health and fitness a habit. In the last two weeks I’ve been approached by a number of individuals who need assessment to get to know their body more, increase their endurance and perform better, to regain their self-confidence. 
I truly feel flattered when people put their full trust in me that’s why the first things I emphasize to them is that I am NOT a nutritionist. I don’t even know what fundamentals they use to determine someone’s diet, therefore I cannot and will not misjudge them because I’ve never sought their expertise. And I also tell them that health and fitness advisors are experts but in reality we are the ones who really know our body so we are the ones to determine the right fuel for our body because food REALLY matters.  
Once they’ve gotten past the point of becoming acquainted with their engine, they will need an outburst of passion to make it happen if they want it with their mind and heart and soul. It is NOT easy, I know it because I’ve had to apply my own principle during the toughest stage of my life. After this cleansing stretch of time when I reach physical wholeness once again, my passion will determine whether I make it happen or not...

No comments: