Monday, September 9, 2019

Writing is a blessing

September 9, 2019
Written on Sunday September 8 - Journal Day 5


Granting that I was unable to sleep last night and several nights earlier in the week, today I woke up feeling very hopeful and capable. “I got this!” I know I will narrow it all down since there’s not so much tension and anxiety between “Isaac” (Sakai Learning Management System - Brock University)  and I anymore! 
Now I can at last say that Isaac and I have come a long way since our paths crossed.

Based on personal experience, it is certainly NOT the best idea to compare prior relationships, but this “Isaak” really got me, just like Mike had me cornered and subdued a few years ago at one of my first simultaneous interpretation events. There's no comparison between Alfredo, Mike and Isaac!

With this in hand, I rest assured that Isaac and I will have a positive and fruitful relationship for as long as it shall last. 

Moving on to yet ANOTHER piece of reading material, I sluggishly opened Boden’s Five Perspectives on Journal Writing (Boden, C. J., Cook, D., Lasker-Scott, T., Moore, S., & Shelton, D. (2006). Five perspectives on journal writingAdult Learning, 17(1-4) pp. 11-15.). To my astonishment, I couldn't agree more with some of the key points about Journal Writing, that’s why I have told my story through my own personal journal throughout the years.

My experience with creating and maintaining a journal has always provided a safe environment, a comfort zone, it has helped me reflect and plan about where I want to go in life next. It’s led me to my next creation and the next. It has enticed me to trace different outlets to approach my next project whether it’s about Health & Fitness, Writing, Spirituality, family, professional or personal aspects, or when it comes to abiding by my ABC’s. It’s been a tool for personal development. It’s helped me formulate ideas through writing and bringing them to life by acting upon them.

Writing has granted me the benefit to hear my own voice, articulate my thoughts and emotions, it’s made me cognizant that there is someone out there who has the same vision, dream and objective.

Through my own personal journaling, I’ve been able to express, process and overcome grief. Self-discovery through writing has been an incomparable journey. Writing has made me become conscious of this endowment (playing with words) and creating beauty and magic with it. Just like I’ve expressed it before, writing changes me and the world around me, it’s encouraged me to see the world from a different perspective. Without writing I would be at a loss, journaling has been a blessing that I cannot fathom living without, even when some of my work has been trashed in the past

Even when this and all the courses in the BA in Adult Ed wrap up, I will always keep my journal alive because that is exactly what this writer needs.

No comments: