Tuesday, November 8, 2011

That Alfredo's got me wanting him more




That Alfredo's got me wanting him more and more
By Gina Yoryet Roman
November 8, 2011





"It must be fate'" I keep thinking the entire day Saturday as Alfredo kept "appearing" everywhere I went. It almost felt as if "he" were stalking me.

Walking like a zombie (for the 50th night I didn't get a full night of sleep because of insomnia issues) in el Centro doing my shopping since everything ran out; shampoo, conditioner, q-tips, deodorant, makeup, nail polish remover, wipes, vitamins, blah, blah.

Going in and out of stores, walking out with full bags, unaware as to how much time had passed, when I came out of one of them, suddenly there he was…
Alfredo! At that moment I was determined to not lock eyes with him to avoid giving in to his enchanting aroma and as strong as temptation was, my will power overtook him.

Four hours later when I finally made it home, I was about to crash on the sofa when
I craved an ice cold glass of milk to fight off the heat so I went to the fridge and realized that I had ran out of it the night before so off I go again to get a milk gallon.
On my way to the store, Oh noooh! we must belong together! I ran into Alfredo again! The perfect companion to accompany a glass of milk.
This time it was impossible to fight him off so right there and then I had him willingly and intentionally.
Who is this Alfredo who puts off all my desires as soon as I get my hands on him yet I can never get enough of him? the more I have him, the more I want him.

It is a scary pleasure because I've developed this need and dependency, it feels as if I were on rehab when I can't have him for more than a day or two!!

Later that night I picked up two friends to have dinner at La Pasta in Chapalita.
Driving on America's I came across Alfredo again but this time I didn't even dare turn and look at him because knowing me I would've given up all my will power to him to the point where I even forgot who I am.

"I am Victory," I said to them until we hit a red light on Ninos Heroes and another street. OMG!
It was him again so we couldn't help ourselves and managed to get through the lanes on our right to go and Get Alfredo.

What is it about him that's got us head over heels?
It ain't the way that he looks at us...
it an't the way he makes us feel after having him…
it ain't the added mass after effects...
It ain't the mess we leave after we are through with him…
It ain't the idiotic and empty look we get when we can't have him…

It is the momentary short lasting pleasure that he gives us
leaving us with a hunger, craving him more,
coming back for more and more with more frequency each time

At this point, I, them, we are obsessed with him, the
three of us in the car had a battle of death over him.

So, why only have him tonight when we can always have him in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening or any chance we get?

Thank the lord for Alfredo!
Is there after life without him?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alfredo te domina y te controla.. Jajaja que gracioso. Eso se le denomina como el placer de un buen savor.

Que buen gusto el tuyo y muy buen articulo tanbien.

Felizidades, OP.