Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Resiliency

Resiliency
April 29, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman

I am still flabbergasted at my body’s resiliency. All my life my temple has been very resistant with all the strain’s gone through and nothing seems to stop it. Even now that I can’t reach 100% wholeness it is still alive and kicking.

From a young age I was taught by a woman warrior (my mother) to never give up. “When you can’t run, walk, if you can’t walk, crawl but never give up under any circumstances because you will get there!”

And so I am taking the advice that woman has given me by retaliating against every single physical ailment lingering post surgery that is trying to put a halt to my agitated lifestyle. I am so sorry physical setbacks becauseThat is NOT going to happen even if I have to crawl, I will continue fighting to get there!

Today when I was at the gym, I walked very slowly and gently to avoid hurting my ankle that’s been in pain. At the same time I couldn’t stop thinking that I have to find a solution to this never ending chain of reactions that my body is going through. For that reason, right after setting foot at the gym, I called an angiologist (a physician who specializes in angiology: the branch of medical science that studies the blood and lymph vessels and their disorders) that was recommended to me about two weeks ago to have him check me. This appointment on Friday will only be the beginning of a string of causes that will lead me to physical wholeness and only until then I will be at peace and ease with myself.

I am fighting against each problem at once because I’ve decided that nothing will bring me down. I already took care of the allergic reaction on my face, the spots seem to finally be fading and I am very content for that! My eye infection is meliorating with the drops I was prescribed, my knee still hurts, sometimes it feels as if my surgery had been very recent but I am taking one day at a time for my engine to remain resilient while I age.

No comments: