Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A man must be big enough to...

A man must be big enough to...
May 6, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


Every now and again I clean up my inbox to get rid of all unwanted and unnecessary messages and just now I came across this quote (by John C. Maxwell, one of my favorite motivational speakers and writers) I emailed myself on February 15, 2013.

“A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.”

This quote has a very down-reaching interpretation that describes my current situation, which I won’t get into details. Some people don´t mind being an open book, unlike myself. As expressive as I always am, having a blog and posting about reflexions and experiences is more than what I may be able to take sometimes.

Just a few minutes ago when I was driving home, I thought about this somewhat precise scenario with someone significant in my life. I am human, (I am not concealing myself on that gospel) so I tend to make mistakes in many shapes and forms. I, just like everyone else, can express our feelings and the people surrounding us might manifest our message in a totally different way, or we may not be able to find the right words to express what we want to say at the right time and place to the right someone. It is part of being human to go through ups and downs, but only those who are truly destined to be by your side forever, will teach and help you grow as a person. Another lesson I’ve learned, is that experiences like the one I am undergoing right now, is that nobody likes it when someone else points out their flaws no matter how politely it is done.

BUT! On a good account, those mere imperfections are what make us grow towards better persons. And after all, only time can tell who will be by your side till the end of time. I mean, God doesn’t give you the people you want, he gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you the person you were meant to be.

And like John C. Maxwell said without mistake, I am big enough to admit that I shouldn’t have said some things, I will most definitely be smart enough to profit from it , meaning that if I don’t know what to do in the future, I will know what NOT to do, and most importantly, I am emotionally strong to correct those flaws because I am being true to myself...


John C. Maxwell
You reap what you saw

No comments: