Friday, May 16, 2014

Love is manifested in different ways

Love is manifested in different ways
May 16, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


Very often I take a few minutes to reflect about life and its deceiving mysteries. Today I theorized about the amazing endowment and uniqueness of creation. I don’t have children yet but I couldn’t avoid rationalizing and resonating with the feeling of it and channeling love through that formulation. I witnessed the treasured price of developing something and bringing it to life. In the last couple of weeks, one of my childhood dreams and greatest loves that turned into a passion as an adult, was finally diverted into reality... I will discuss this in more depth perhaps later this weekend.

My love for one of my passions was manifested through that accomplishment. In like manner, my life is dictated by my loves: Spirituality, family, work and business ethics, health and fitness, charity work, reading, playing with words, reflecting and embracing the simplicity of life.

In the last two days I’ve been infatuated with love itself (and staying hopeful that my life time partner, the man who will accept me for who I am with all my flaws is getting closer), but in particular, my love for work and business ethics which is very self-fulfilling and joyful. I’ve told a few people that it took me a long time to find a way to use my skills and knowledge and define how to benefit myself as well as others.

I don’t see myself doing anything other than the combination of duties I’ve been doing for the last ten years. Why? For the mere fact that it’s helped me grow professionally, acquire more knowledge, strengthen my self confidence meet people from all walks of life but overall, share experiences and build very valuable friendships. Just when I feel abandoned, there is always someone who calls, texts or emails me to say hello and to know how I am doing.

I have to admit that I am a very fortunate woman because I got a lot of ‘I love you’s’ in the last couple of days.
For example, as of last Friday I’ve reencountered many friends I had not seen in a while. Exactly  a week ago I had late lunch with my friend Bere. After we met, I sent her a message thanking her for the nice girl talk we had and her reply was, ‘te quiero mucho.’ Later that day I met my friend Ceci who gave me a hug and told me the same thing, ‘te quiero mucho amiga.’

On Wednesday I was taken aback by one of my clients who gave me a resplendent purple chocolate basket for Teacher’s Day when I went to her house. That very thoughtful deed made me feel appreciated. On Thursday, May 15, Teacher’s Day, I got another call from another client and good friend of mine who I haven’t seen in a while. She called to wish me a happy Teacher’s Day and said to me, ‘Felicidades, te quiero mucho, te mando un fuerte abrazo.’ That call was followed by a couple of unexpected but kind text messages from other students.

When I arrived to class, my students surprised me with another splendid chocolate filled basket with an embellishing red ribbon backed by a warm hug from each one of them. That was very sweet!  After class I went to Starbucks to have an iced tea with my three female students; Claudia, Erika and Jeannine who I now consider good friends because we’ve shared so much since August of last year when we started working together.

A good-humored girly chat and the way my students manifested their love and affection towards me, were the best subsidy to wrap up my day. It sure made up for all those times when I’ve felt unappreciated!

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
William A. Ward

No comments: