Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I don´t get it!


I don´t get it!
January 14, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


Ok, I am a few pounds over my expectations BUT I am still within the limit according to my height and weight and. Then why does my knee still hurt as if I were back to recovery days post surgery? I mean I was doing ok, much better than now. It feels as if I were moving backwards instead of forward.

Through some thinking of what might be triggering the pain once again, my mind took me back to this post on January 1st:

Just when I thought things were getting somewhat better, the other day during my power walk, I tripped and fell into a drain. LOL! Looking back, it seems funny but it was very painful at the moment. With the impact my operated knee and calf were badly scratched. I was lucky to get myself out of there and limp towards a nearby bench where I sat down for a few minutes to get myself together. To make the long story short, I am still swollen, scratched and bruised and it still hurts to walk.”

That’s right, just when I thought I was one step away from reaching 85% recovery, I came across another  physical interference. Today in particular my knee hurt substantially (and it still does). As I type, my long-suffering knee is stretched out on a chair in front of me and I am putting hot compressions on it. I feel like a grandma! Ha, ha! I decided to walk to work and since I was on my way there, my left shoe started rubbing on my foot and that turned into an enormous blister. When I got off I was debating whether or not to go to the gym because both my calfs were very tense as well. My decision was yes and I felt better. 

How and when did this physical ordeal initiate? Going back to last year: After trying physical therapy eight weeks I thought things were going to be ok, then four, six ten months, a year went by and there was improvement but I never reached 100% wellness. I thought that I’d get there in November, December but NO! I couldn’t wait to wrap up this year and start a new on 2014 until the unexpected. I cannot get too demanding with my body and expect the prior performance. 

I will once again try to take each day at once, be extremely careful and pray to get as strong as before.

No comments: