Saturday, January 1, 2011

December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010

There were many ups, downs, good, bad, all of this was part of 2010 but things definitely started looking up towards the end of the year and it couldn’t have ended any better. The end of the year always brings, peace, quiet, hope, new promises and many blessings. I got all of that expect peace and quiet as far as work as there are many small pieces needed to put the puzzle together with the upcoming projects in 2011. Thinking about how I’m going to manage everything overwhelms me but I am completely ok with it, in a way I’m looking forward to it because work is one of the most important elements to make a human being whole.
I was talking to my best friend here in Guadalajara, my sister away from “home,” on Christmas Eve and we pondered on the fact that we have everything to be happy. We have health, we have a family, we have work, we are surrounded by people who support us and believe in us, many things that many people don’t have. We are still young and single. We don’t give ourselves a hard time anymore for not having been able to find the man of our dreams yet. But we came down to this conclusion and it is so true. We accept the fact that if we don’t have the man of our dreams, there are so many more ways we can manifest our love. So one of many list of goals is to love people more by helping them as much as possible.
Every year as it gets closer to ending the old year and welcoming the new one, I stop and reflect on what needs to be done, what didn’t get done, what needs to change and what needs to be improved in my life. Many times I beat myself for “not being where I need to be” and I keep thinking that I should be doing better but all my friends tell me that out of all the people they know I am the one who’s doing better. But like I said, as I get older I expect more and more of myself.
Looking back at the end of 2009, I don’t even remember if I put together a list of goals because I was still trying to come back to life. I did accomplish some things though. I learned many things from the experiences I went through, I left the most unpleasant episodes and took the good ones to continue learning, that‘s what really matters, the knowledge we gain.
So in the new year to come which is only a few hours away, to be honest as the woman I am, I’d love to meet someone and start a family; when I say start a family I mean adopt one or two children because I am still unsure about having my own. In fact that is one of the many mysteries in life I want to narrow down some day. Why do people have children? I don’t know.
There are many things I don’t know and much less control so in 2011 I need to stop thinking I can fix the world and stop stressing over it. I need to concentrate on much more important and realistic goals like getting my lifetime plan narrowed down, finding my purpose in this life (which I am closer to every day that goes by). There are many things that happened many years ago that I was finally able to understand and accept towards the end of 2010. Now I believe that saying, I can’t remember how it goes exactly but it is something like this, “blessings are disguised as tragedies.”
So today, January 1st 2011, it is the landmark of a new decade, a new beginning, many promises and blessings are lying ahead. I am a year older so my expectations of every aspect of my life have increased. In fact, I just finished creating a much longer list of goals than the previous years, more physical, professional and personal challenges to face. As we merge into another stage, there are many things to do, many goals to accomplish, an endless list of tasks. I created my list of goals not on priority level, I just typed as each thought came up but I need to break it down and start prioritizing. There is no turning back, we are all on this boat together and we don’t have a choice but to keep going.
When I was much younger, I used to always close my eyes and ask God to help me find my purpose in this life, I asked and asked for many years at no avail. I still do but the difference between now and then is that now I’ve experienced and learned so much more and that’s what’s help me understand and accept that each second, each minute, each hour, each day, each week, each month, each year that go by, keeps bringing me closer to that purpose.
Now more than ever I am ready to take on and defeat every single obstacle blocking my journey. Do it now or else it will NEVER happen…………….
A good example is when it comes to my workouts. I am the first obstacle that I have to defeat; my will has to impose my own bad habits.Yesterday I worked out, I told myself that I wanted to end the year and start the year working out, feeling good about myself. I did keep my promise yesterday morning, I was at the gym at 5:40, and I did this intense brisk walk since I can’t run because of my knee but this morning it was impossible to wake up. I had a late night, (I was watching a movie) – I went to bed at midnight. I’m old stuff. LOL!
I’ll give myself a week or two to start feeling normal again. May the new year bring hope, peace, joy and many good things to everyone.

No comments: