Sunday, January 9, 2011

Spend more time with loved ones

January 9, 2011

Spend more time with loved ones

Ending the year was very hectic because of all the things going as of mid December. Just when I thought there’d be peace and quiet (yes there was some of that), I was bombarded with a few new last minute projects and so I closed the year working. I don’t mind working at all although sometimes work can take up a lot of our time and energy that is one of the reasons my 2011 list of goals was longer and with higher expectations of me more than of anybody else.
I prioritized my goals and on the top 5 one was to spend more time with loved ones, like my cute and adorable little nephew. I made a promise to dedicate more time to him because sometimes I feel so guilty about not being able to pick him up when he’s clinging on to me while I’m typing on the computer.
Even though this week I was not officially back to work, it was quite busy as I had to meet up with my accountant, I was visiting different car agencies to see about buying a small car because I’ll be driving to Tequila, the land where tequila the drink is produced. Yikes! How exciting! I met up with the 4 people that will be helping me carry out this six month project, I also went to visit Hacienda (the IRS) to do some paper work and register them, I checked all their work, made sure they were on the ball with everything, I was also looking into getting some documents done in order for everything to be done electronically, I went to my mechanic to have my car checked, I slowly got back into my workout routine, I took my 5th camera that I broke to the repair shop, I moved for the third time this year! plus I spent a bit more time with my nephew.
Yesterday (Saturday) was not an exception, I didn’t make it to the gym because I was extremely sleepy and I had a long day so I wanted to take it easy on me (that’s another goal, to NOT take things to the extreme, when I know my day will be long) What a nice vacation huh? I won’t complain, at least I kept myself very busy. But today, I’m sitting outside in the little patio typing away as I see the sunset. I am quite content with this specific day (about my week too because a lot was done) because I spent more time than usual with my nephew.
I came back from my morning power walk, I changed him, I brushed his teeth, washed his face and fed him breakfast. Then after that I took him outside to play for a little while. Later on I sat him on my lap and read him a book. I was very infatuated watching him ask with that cutest little voice he’s got, “what’s this?” “What’s that?”
I felt so at ease with him, with my projects, with life, with my family, with all the blessings in my life that I’m still thinking about those unforgettable moments and even though I was not able to sleep because I stayed up late putting all my stuff away after moving and because the loud neighbors had a party until 5am I still feel great and I am looking forward to going back to work.

No comments: