Sunday, January 16, 2011

AR 2nd birthday


AR 2nd birthday
January 16, 2011

Today was a very special day because it was my nephew’s 2nd birthday. This special day was filled with so much peace and joy because even though we didn’t have a little birthday party for him, I bought him a cake and we spent time with him.
Those small details make me feel very content because I am meeting one of my most important goals this year; spend more time with him and my family. This week (on Tuesday and Thursday) when I got home from work I stopped by my mom’s place (she watches him in the afternoons) and picked him up to take him for a walk and I loved every single moment that I spent with him. It is so cute because he’s learning to talk, he now manages to say cute and short two word sentences. I let him out of his stroller and as he was running around I observed him closely and as I watched him I was amazed of how such a cute little person brings so much happiness into our lives and most amazing is the fact of how that little human being develops physically, mentally and in every single aspect. Kids are the most innocent and beautiful human beings and they offer the most sincere love. I always laugh because he is like my shadow, I like to say “como un chicle pegado en el zapato,” like a piece of gum stuck on my shoe because he follows me around EVERYWHERE! So I always tell him, “wait a minute, I didn’t sign up for this!” LOL!
I am also happy because even though I was running around all over the place like a nut the entire week, I was able to get a lot done. Earlier this week I was looking back and thought of how ever since I came to Guadalajara I’ve gained so much knowledge, I had never imagined that in such short span of time I’d learn so much. I am very grateful for all the wisdom I gained throughout these years and one of my lifetime plans is to continue to learn and grow as an individual. If I cannot change others, I can definitely change myself for better and motivate others, especially women.
In fact earlier this week I was talking to one of my mentors, a very close friend of mine and I mentioned my blog. I told her that it is all over the place, that I don’t have a specific point to make plus it is pretty plain because I don’t have photos, links, videos or anything else but she really encouraged me and told me that it could turn into something big so I should keep writing and sooner rather than later I will see the results.
Wow! That made me feel so good because she’s the Chief Editor of one of the largest and most well known magazines in Mexico and many countries. I am still radiating happiness! I didn’t consider myself a writer, she doesn’t consider herself a writer and many writers don’t either. Funny! Ok, well that made me feel a lot better about myself because before that I was punishing myself for not having met one of my goals last year; write 250 words daily but many times it is almost impossible so what I did instead was to make it a commitment to stay loyal to posting a blog once a week so here I am on a Sunday at the last minute typing away.
I am just happy that despite the fact that there have been many painful and unpleasant moments since I’ve been here, Guadalajara has brought many wonderful things.

No comments: