Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reflexions 2010

Reflexions
December 26, 2010

We are on a countdown before the year ends, I close my eyes for a few seconds and hear the clock tick very slowly and at the same time the hourglass stares at me straight in the eye and tells me that I am still on time to make my bucket list of goals and wishes for 2011. Here I am typing away just like every single Sunday since a few weeks ago when I made a commitment as a writer to never again let a day go by without writing. Of course I haven’t accomplished that goal but I have definitely not let one single Sunday go by without posting a blog. November and December were even better because I even posted three blogs in a week!
I am reflecting and thinking about the endless list of goals I wrote at the end of 2010. Many of those things were done but some of them were left on the back burner. This year things have to be different which means that I really have to step up, fight with all my might to get to where I want and accomplish every single wish I set. With that said I have to defeat my biggest enemy which is me because I am the first one setting boundaries, I am the one who grows fear and insecurity within me. I have to let all my frustrations behind when things don’t go my way. I have to say farewell to my procrastination and really make things happen. Especially knowing me, the woman who is very, extremely independent and who doesn’t rely on anyone else for anything but at the same time I am used to getting almost everything done. Cooking, laundry, shopping, and many of those small chores that are very time consuming. I’ve told my mother many times this year “quiero aprender a cocinar y hacer tiempo para limpiar, pero simplemente las cosas domesticas no se me dan.”
Another goal for 2011 is to mature in many aspects. When it comes to relationships the older I get the less I am willing to give, perhaps because I haven’t met the “right” man. There is no such thing as an ideal, we as human beings tend to idealize this fantasy world and other human beings and when we hit the bottom, coming back to reality can be very painful and we give up immediately.

Fitness to help me and others has to be a MUST, there will not be room for excuses! Towards the end of this year I started making my workouts a real commitment, even if that meant getting up before the entire world and getting very little sleep was a real sacrifice, I still did it because I got it out of the way. Everything was going quite well until mid December when I started packing down all this food without a reason. Mindless and emotional eating will be one of my toughest goals to overcome this upcoming year.
Right now I’m feeling like a whale because like they say here, “me he comido todo el refrigerador TODOS los días en la mañana, en la tarde y en la noche.”so now there’s more work to do to help me help others. Sometimes my friends ask how I get motivated to juggle all these things and I tell them, “ I JUST DO IT!”
2011 seems very promising, two projects I wanted with all my heart came through so I have to give them my best shot. The simple fact of looking at my agenda for the first six months of 2011 overwhelm me and it’ll be hard to squeeze in my workouts but I am completely ok with it, at this moment I am feeling very strong spiritually and I am ready to tackle every single obstacle and shatter it to get closer to realizing the woman I was meant to become.
On December 16, I became a year older and decided for the first time in my life that before I try to change my community, my city, my country, my world, other people, I must start with myself so I shall start with higher expectations of Gina Yoryet. A good friend of mine took me out for breakfast and as I was telling her some of my goals she told me she envisioned me as a motivational writer living somewhere in Europe. It’s funny because now more than ever I’ve felt that with my heart, deep down I know there’s a purpose for me in this universe and one of them is to help human beings especially women to lead a healthy life style and more than anything to love themselves.

Sometimes people have said that I am too strict and hard on myself but I am only trying to be a better person, I don’t mean harm on anyone, I’ve never done drugs, I’ve never been a drunk ass, I’ve never abused anyone in any way. When I am angry and frustrated and I can’t even stand myself, I don’t take my anger out on my loved ones anymore as I did before, I run to the gym and release all my bad energy there instead.
The other day while I was in class with one of my students, an older woman, she told me that I should be a motivational speaker for women. Her husband is a very recognized doctor here in Guadalajara and he has a radio program once a week so she invited me to talk about Health and Fitness since I am so enthused about it. She also told me her sister conducts motivational workshops for women from all walks of life and she invited me to give workshops there as well. I won’t be making money but I am ok with it because I have always believed in helping others to lead a better life. I don’t base my happiness in others but being able to give a lending hand and looking at people right in their eyes, brings so much mental peace, those priceless moments are one of the best moments in life.
The day when I tried to go meditate, my friend told me that I was meant to be a motivational leader. Before these three people told me this, I already knew it, I’ve always felt it, I’ve always asked myself how I can help people and since I’ve always loved writing, I said, writing is the way to do it! I have a mission in this world and that will be to help people through my writing.


I need to post more pictures on my blogs but I am AWFUL when it comes to that. This year I’ve gone through 5 cameras! I don’t know how I always manage to lose them, drop them and break them or something! In fact I just bought a camera on Wednesday and last night I dropped it and smashed it on the pavement. There’s something with cameras and cell phones that always slip off my hands. I am hopeless!!! I’ve always asked God to help me find my purpose in this life and as each day that goes by I am more convinced that I was meant to be a warrior and I’d die fighting. I don’t belong to me nor to anyone else, I belong to the world, I have a job to be a woman, a daughter, a mentor, an advisor, a motivator, a leader, a writer, a healer, a friend, a comfort. It was carved in my destiny to change peoples’ lives.




The porcupine

It was the coldest winter ever. Many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together. This way, they covered and protected themselves; but, the quills of each one wounded their closest companions even though they gave off heat to each other.

After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. This way they learned to live with the little wounds that were caused by the close relationship with their companion, but the most important part of it, was the heat that came from the others. This way they were able to survive.

Therefore: the best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but the best is when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities.

No comments: