Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sometimes our fears are manifested in our dreams


Sometimes our fears are manifested 
through our dreams
February 16, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



Just a couple of nights ago, I had a very weird and scary dream that forced me to wake up in the middle of the night. I have never been superstitious and I never give importance to dreams because according to what I’ve read, dreams are caused by our unconscious mind when we aren’t getting enough rest or when we are undergoing a lot of stress. 

For this reason I ignore insignificant things like that pointless dream but his particular delusion disturbed me because it is not the first time it happens during my sleep. Throughout my life all those vivid images experienced abstractedly happen time after time and I am left reflecting very profoundly trying to find the why it keeps haunting me down.  A few days later when I’ve regained my peaceful posture again, I momentarily forget about it until the next time.

I try not to be fearful about certain things I go through but when my mother shares her bad dreams, my own doubts are answered and I reiterate this to her, “don’t worry mother, sometimes our fears are manifested in our dreams, try not to think about it.” She is an overly sensitive and sometimes superstitious woman like many Mexican women her age. When I try to soothe her agitated mind, she calms down temporarily but the next day her fears are manifested once again.

When we dream is as if we were living another life but when we come back to reality all of that is very unreal and it doesn’t make sense why we hallucinate about bad things. I’ve read books that interpret dreams and some can be considered a bad omen, others a good omen but nobody really knows the real reason for them. As far as mine, they are nothing but fears and the bleakness that we are faced with occasionally. All of that is assuaged through faith and prayers which are my only emotional sustenance...

No comments: