Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It feels sooo good!


It feels so good!
February 11, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


I just got through with my second pilates session and my entire body is a bit shaky from all the  effort it takes to have discovered new muscles and  amplifying them in new ways that I’d never imagined before. According to my instructor, it was very easy for me to follow, as a prior athlete I already have a sense of what is going on BUT! my main obstacle was to get my stiff rock trunk to barely manage to stretch it to its max. I feel like a child who has just made a highly valued discovery which will be MY new game of getting to know my body and maximizing it without hurting it further. This took me back to college during my early twenties when I was a young, competitive and high-rendering athlete, I remember one day right before a state meet coach Marisa approached me and implied how brittle my body was for a runner. Yeah, for a runner! I had known that all along so it didn’t bother me. 

Inelasticity has always been a problem because it has limited me from performing better athletically, and maybe it has even turned out counter productive as it has NOT prevented me from injuries? Now that I am retraining my body, I will use it to my advantage, never mind all that pounding and high impacting exercises that will further aggravate my health.

I can’t wait to see the results with this new journey that feels sooooo good!

3 comments:

Alina said...

I think you are going to feel so good, that the pains will desapear.
xoxo

Alina said...

I am glad you are back in the ejecise thing, me too, I have been doing insanity, but like you said It feels so good!!

xoxo

Alina said...

I am glad you are back in the ejecise thing, me too, I have been doing insanity, but like you said It feels so good!!

xoxo