Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Just when I am running out


Just when I am running out
February 26, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


N. S. T., my most dedicated High School student told me last week, “Gina, don’t stop writing either,” after I encouraged him to keep up the good work with his own writing. I recall the first few essays he wrote, he hadn’t detached from his first language, unlike the last two essays that I’ve commented on in which I've seen a great improvement! When I am able to see my students progress little by little, it makes me feel satisfied because it is the result of my work, one of my passions. That satisfaction has to be gratified constantly, especially when I am feeling insecure. 

Just last week through a doubtful and dismaying moment, I started praying and amidst that 
grito desesperado,  desperate cry, as I like to call it, I begged God to help me find a meaning through my daily actions, through my job and all the tasks that I do. I have always questioned the why to everything I’ve done in life and I plead to be guided to know how to  share and transfer my knowledge to others since sharing is one of my many drives. 

For instance, when I constantly train at the gym to get in good shape, and others approach and inquire for expert advice. 
When I am called by the friend of a friend asking me for an advanced composition class because they want to improve their writing skills and because they were told I am the expert who will help them achieve their goal. 
Or when I am asked for spiritual advice as a result of me being very devoted just because I attend the old traditional rite in Latin.
As well as when I am asked for professional advice of how to go about a particular situation, for example, a job interview, how to behave, what to expect, or how I find clients, etc.

When people ask me about these issues, it has to be that either I am old and wise, or because they really trust my knowledge. Whatever the reason may be, they are a shot in the arm to keep me going when it feels as if I were running out of ideas to write or when I am lacking motivation or self-confidence. 

That shot in the arm was projected through these great comments that revived and refreshed my mind and got me going when I thought my mind was running low. 

These comments were written by one of my students who moved to Monterrey last November.” I was soooo happy to read her comments!

I am glad you are back in the exercise thing, me too, I have been doing insanity, but like you said It feels so good!!
Alina

xoxo
February 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM

February 26, 2014
Alina
I have been reading your blog, I like it very much!
This comment was written by one of my students who moved to Monterrey last November.”

These comment were made by some of my sisters friends. 

 Sunday February 23,2014
Gustavo
“Oh yeah, on my way to work I was reading your sister's comments/thoughts about life in -that side-; so far I am impressed, very impressed! Haven't read something so articulated and realistic lately, so hats of to your sister.”

Hi Gina Yoryet, I don't have the honor of meeting you yet. I have met your Sisters Liliana, Madahid, and Azucena, and I see Liliana running with you. Just wanted to stop by your blog and say hello. I love your page you are a very motivational and inspiring writer. Keep up the great work God Bless. on My partner in crime...Another immortal

I got these motivating commentaries right on time because since I’ve been on this never ending health impending hiatus, I was seriously considering about giving up writing but then I thought, I wouldn’t be true to myself and I would be giving up part of who I am, what keeps me alive...

Therefore, I will NEVER run out of ideas.
  

No comments: