Thursday, August 29, 2013

Reflexions of a health & fitness enthusiast


Reflexions of a health 
& fitness enthusiast
August 29, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


I was very enthused about getting home to write after mass until a few minutes ago when my serenity was obstructed due to a very abstruse moment that the more I think about, the less I am able to put together.

Thence I will do my best to evade being daunted by that particular incident and keep my thoughts very brief.

Reading through some of old posts, I stumbled upon, ‘Discipline doesn’t have to hurt,’ which was written and posted around August 23rd of last year. I read this particular article over and over again, pondered about the before and after surgery Gina Yoryet, gave some serious thought to it in order to get myself motivated to actually practice what I’ve preached for half of my life... Health and fitness. 
Though absolute physical recovery is around the corner, there are still a few aspects that I am trying very hard to tergiversate only because of fear and anxiety.

Here they are:

My list of “NOT YETS! At least not now!
  1. Leave my jump rope at home every time I head to the gym to avoid temptations and hurt myself further.
  2. DO NOT sprint
  3. DO NOT add A LOT of weight at once when I do leg strength training
  4. DO NOT do killer lunges
  5. DO NOT do high intensity crossfit routines 
  6. DO NOT jog for more than 20 minutes on the treadmill
  7. DO NOT run on cement
  8. DO NOT do any jumping or high impact leg routines
  9. DO NOT be a deaf and blind tenant to my engine
  10. DO NOT get carried away with food (I have to be VERY strong with this one because I’ve been on a food spree since four weeks ago to be precise.
  11. DO NOT focus on all the physical strain and losses I’ve undergone 
  12. DO NOT be impatient
  13. DO NOT BE too lenient and use my hormonal changes as an excuse.
  14. 14) DO NOT be oblivious to D. I. S. C. I. P. L. I. N. E.


Perhaps REDEFINING The meaning of this word will push me to get back on track to find physical balance. 


DEDICATED and DETERMINED
IMMORTAL and INSISTENT
SINGULAR and STIMULATING
CREATIVE and CHALLENGING
INFLUENTIAL and INTENSE
POWERFUL and POISED
LIVELY and LEGENDARY
INTEGRAL and IMPECCABLE
NATURAL and NEVER CEASING
ENTHUSED and ELOQUENT 




Posted: 23 Aug 2012 07:59 PM PDT

Discipline doesn’t have to hurt
August 23rd, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Román

“When my gym had recently inaugurated, it was promoting through a local radio station to bring in more clients. One morning while I was briefly interviewed, the radio talk person inquired, “What is your drive to exercise regularly?” I answered, “I have been doing it for half of my existence so it’s become a lifestyle.” Within a few seconds the phone lines were open for interrogations and the first caller, a young lady immediately bombarded me with questions but the most significant one was, “How can you be so devoted? I have started and given up many times and tried every single diet out there at no avail.” My answer was, “It’s very simple, all you have to do is set your mind, heart and soul into it and commit, sacrifice and DISCIPLINE to achieve your goals.” To that she responded, “But I am not strong enough to commit because discipline is very painful.”
I snapped and replied, “You are hesitating so what that means is that you don’t really want it, if you don’t do whatever it takes to get it, you don’t desire it with all your might.”

As of lately my own words keep haunting me and I have to bite my tongue every couple of seconds when I’m ready to curse myself for being so inattentive with the best I gift I was blessed with…
My engine, the temple I should’ve cherished from the moment I was capable of doing so.
As I watch my fingers type, this thought keeps beating into my head, “I want to escape the prison of my own making, the prison of pain I incarcerated myself in.” As much as I may have wanted to stop it, I clearly didn’t want it badly enough, I dragged it for too long and now I am seeing the results.”

No comments: