Saturday, August 31, 2013

My partner in crime...Another immortal

Trying to keep up!

Overshadowed by THE sprinter & long distance PRO!
My turn to show her a few of my moves!
Trying to get rid of my muffin top!


My partner in crime
Another immortal
August 31st, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



I just got back from a very long day of work and all through my ride back, I hesitated whether to hit the sack immediately after getting home, or write this post that I was very eager to narrow down.
This ‘other’ immortal takes me back to over ten years ago during my amateur years as a young competitor. During that golden cycle long distance running NEVER felt like a drag because I had THE perfect companion to get through that distance (I, the slower and thicker bodied one, was always left far behind). As the fragile Ectomorph she is, and I, as her older sister, felt that I had to protect her from getting hurt, I didn’t even want the wind to ruin her rosy cheeks. Now that we are in our thirties, not only are her cheeks still naturally rosy (she hardly ever uses any makeup), but she still averages a 7. something mile, plus she goes on and on without wearing out or without losing her breath. On top of that, when she runs a 5 or 10k, she either comes first, second or third place. AND she’s one of the first five to reach the finish line when she pulls a 21k!
Although we weight the same, those pounds are better distributed on her tiny self!


Name: Liliana Roman
Sex: Female 
Height: 5' 4" (1.6256 meters)
weight: 110 lbs (49.89 kilos)
Fitness leve: intermediate
Body type: Ectomorph 


  • Small “delicate” frame and bone structure
  • Classic “hardgainer”
  • Flat chest
  • Small shoulders
  • Thin
  • Lean muscle mass
  • Finds it hard to gain weight
  • Fast metabolism

Estimated BMI: 18.9
Plays/practices: running for leisure and competitive running
Total time running: 12+ years
Run 3 - 4 times a week ( 5-6 a week when training to compete)
Why: I love running, challenging myself to beat my personal best and competing
Other sports played/practiced: Soccer, other types of cardio, gym, power walking, etc. 
Diet: no red meat (beef only every once in a while)
Objective: to become an icon, a role model to those
close to me and serve as an inspiration to those who learn about me.

How did you get into running: it was by chance. I was recovering from a car accident injury (knee fracture) and met a girl in a summer class who ran for the school track and field team. I had always been attracted to "running" and was a high admirer of Ana Guevara 
but never looked into it or thought I'd run.She invited me to the "try outs" and I've been running ever since.

Soon after (only 11 months after my car accident) I was running for the school season "cross country team" followed by the next season "track and field".

Advice to amateur runners/athletes: if you like a sport, try it and fulfill it. Train smart and enjoy it. If you fail, try again, and again, and again.

Tomorrow when I am refreshed I will give more life to this post by adding a poignant photo of my partner in crime to serve two purposes:
Revive those golden years filled with stamina.
AND
Remind us of our shared objective: Become icons, role models to those
close to us and serve as an inspiration to those who learn about us...

That picture will also make me yearn the time when we can jog, run, sprint and surge together once again.

Liliana Roman Athlete::






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Gina Yoryet, I do not have the pleasure of meeting you yet. Just wanted to stop by your page and let you know you are very inspiring and motivational writer. I do know your Sisters Liliana, Azucena and Madahid, and they are also very smart and inspiring you come from a great family. Keep up the great work and God Bless.

Unknown said...

Hi Gina Yoryet, I don't have the honor of meeting you yet. I have met your Sisters Liliana, Madahid, and Azucena, and I see Liliana running with you. Just wanted to stop by your blog and say hello. I love your page you are a very motivational and inspiring writer. Keep up the great work God Bless.

Liliana Roman said...

Great blog about an Ectomorph

Gina, you have akways been an insoiration to me as well as for others. You are veryvdisciplined, determined and hardworkung.

Thsnk you

Liliana Roman said...

Great blog about an Ectomorph

Gina, you have akways been an inspiration to me as well as for others. You are veryvdisciplined, determined and hardworkung.

Thsnk you