Sunday, October 7, 2012

I had a dream


I had a dream
October 7, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman




I can't believe I just deleted the only post I managed to do this week!
My plan was to wrap up my day and take some time and relax but
I fell behind as usual trying to decipher my mac since my HP is infected.

Believe is a very touching four letter word like Jennifer Lopez has portrayed it in a few of her interviews: 
"I remain an eternal optimistic about love. I believe in love. To understand that that person is not treating you the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself - if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me. I love myself enough to walk away from that now."

and

"I think of myself on that day at the studio on Long Island and how insecure I was about my own talent. I just never really gave myself any credit. And because of that, nobody else did either. You mirror what the world mirrors to you."

Her words are very wise and true,  if we don't believe in ourselves, then nobody else will. If we want to receive it, we have to exude nothing but the best. 
Believe is a very powerful world as it is very gratifying to have someone who believes in us but at the end of the day when we come home and look at ourselves in the mirror, and believe is missing, all our efforts go flying out the window.

It is impossible to think of Jennifer Lopez as an insecure woman but she's human and we all go through moments when we lack self-confidence.
Throughout my life, I've been plagued with skepticism and sometimes lack of faith,
Especially in the midst of physical pain that I've been more distraught than ever.

I always question, doubt and challenge everything because that is my nature. Many daunting thoughts are projected through my dreams when I lie awake unable to sleep.
,
But the other night, on October 5th to be exact, amidst all the anxiety, anger and frustration I've been going through, I had a very vivid dream which could mean that my faith is buried deep down in my heart and that I must not leave it or forsake it.

My sleep was interrupted when I saw myself submerged on a book while waiting for my physical therapist to start my session. A man came towards me, tapped me on the shoulder and said this, 
"No te aflijas, tu vas a sanar sola pronto porque eres una mujer muy fuerte y vas a vencer esto como has vencido todos los obstáculos en tu camino."
Do not despair, you will heal soon because you are a very strong woman and you
will pull through this just like you have defeated all the obstacles lying in  your
journey.

He said more but as much as I try to recall, my forgetful and exhausted mind cannot bring that dream back. What bewildered me the most was that his whole face and head were invisible making it impossible for me to lock eyes with him.

What am I to make of that illusion? Where I stand at this moment and time, I ignore it but I want to believe that deep down there is still a spark of faith that I have to hold on to.
Could it mean that I am within a few hours, days or weeks to finally healing?
Maybe I have to learn to master my most powerful tool - my mind and manipulate it to my favor?

Patient is not one of the most descriptive adjectives for me especially now when it is unyielding to keep the spark of faith and believe.

Whatever that vision wants to manifest, I want to take it as a sign that recovery is peering around the corner and that I shall soon rejoice and replenish my mind, body and soul once again to serve the purpose I am meant to accomplish by being whole and healthy and stroll through the less traveled road.

God bless!





No comments: