Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Angels Do Exist


Angels do Exist
October 24, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



I've been infatuated all day with this captivating philosophy a friend of mine emailed me yesterday. It was an immediate boost to get me to write since I've been pretty laid back in this aspect lately. The part that I liked the most goes like this:
We NEVER get what we want,
We NEVER want what we get,
We NEVER have what we like,
We NEVER like what we have,
and still we live and love, no matter what we have.
That's life...

I want to be taller, I wish I had a more perked up cleavage, my bootie needs to be more round, I must have toned up my arms, I would like to have more clothes, shoes, I'd like to travel more often and have more friends, I want to date more…
I covet all the things in the world because I deserve them which means I have to have them…

My life is very depressing because I don't possess more. 

Whether it's raining more than ever at a given time due to one's own personal revolution created by oneself, against oneself, there has to be a moment in life where we have to look further than our invisible and unbreakable bubble and realize that the world doesn't revolve around "one."

We need to find a cure to the world's most crippling disease, "I," and look at the whole picture, that's why I've concluded that life is about reaching out to the ones most in need and aiding them because we are one fraternity and as a whole, we shall make this world a better place. Volunteer work has become a part of who I am (since I was sixteen years old); this has been very rewarding and it fills me with joy- My happiness doesn't rely upon this but it helps me define my essence and it takes me one step closer to my meaning. 

Like in the well written biography of Steve Jobs on page 285 (I love this writer's style that I even know where exactly this quote can be found) when Toy Story was in the make. They were trying to create something with a purpose to share with others and so it was done. 
"Toy Story sprang from a belief, which John Lasseter and Jobs shared, that products have an essence to them, a purpose for which they were made. If the object were to have feelings, these would be based on its desire to fulfill its essence. 
The purpose of a glass, for example, is to hold water; if it had feelings, it would be happy when full and sad when empty. The essence of a computer screen is to interface with a human. The essence of a unicycle is to be ridden in a circus. As for toys, their purpose is to be played with by kids, and their existential fear is of being discarded or upstaged by newer toys."

Therefore, these geniuses called angels used their brilliant minds and gave life to Buzz light year and Woody, targeting children, to help them live a fantasy in their naive little minds. 

I was not fortunate enough to meet Steve Jobs who impacted humanity by touching billions of lives, nor have I had been blessed with meeting Bill Gates who started the Forbes 500 Charity Foundation to raise funds and donate that income to fight poverty, BUT I have been blessed with many angels in Guadalajara amidst the unbearable physical pain I've been going through since early August. The people who have walked with me from moment one. 

Everyone that comes to your life, it is for a reason whether it be to teach you a lesson, to walk hand in hand with you till the end of time, to hurt you and show you how to forgive, forget, keep going, to be more selective, love again and choose who stays and who goes. 

It doesn't matter what material belongings I posses, I have something even better and I've decided who is staying in my life…
God's sent messengers, 
The ones who have trusted me even when they've been blindfolded.
They who have accepted me for who I am, not for my position in society nor for my looks. 
Those angels that will read my post tomorrow as soon as it pops up in their inbox.
They who have given me an undeserved love and endless help.

Thank you angels!




No comments: