Sunday, October 28, 2012

An oath of love & commitment


An oath of love & commitment
October 28, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


Dear beloved, 

Our lifetime promenade has been wonderful since we were bonded. As the faithful and inseparable companions we've always been, we've defeated every obstacle that's come across our path with our most powerful sword: Our health.

You are the only one who's truly been there with me and for me (without a complaint) but more so, the one and only who's put up with me all my life.  Fretting is pointless because I am certain that you will be with me till the end of time albeit all the physical abuse I've made you go through and despite my disdain.

It goes beyond me why I was such a deaf and blind tenant and let you grieve for three years! That is why today, I am extending a vow of love, tender care, respect and commitment to you. 
I am counting the days till we reconcile. I impatiently await for November 15, the day when all the physical pain will be put behind and we'll finally embark on an injury free journey hand in hand.

From day one when we head towards recovery, I promise to be patient and protective with you. I will nurture and care for you the way I should have since we came to existence.
I swear that I will accept and appreciate you for your natural beauty and purpose as the creator you are meant to be. I will not be critical and I'll overlook all the superficial aspects of it, I will have and hold you from hereon, for better or for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part. 

You may be filled with skepticism but just wait and see, actions speak louder than words…
I will be very even-tempered with you; I won't leave you nor forsake you. I promise to stand by you so together we can reinforce our bond and strengthen 'us' so we can be one whole again. 

I will no longer wreak any internal or external havoc and much less will I put you through the terrible 2's. I won't force you into doing 2 much, 2 soon or 2 fast. I will give you plenty of time to heal and recover.
Be assured that you won't go through any unnecessary suffering from my end.

Thank you for withstanding the physical roller coaster you've gone through with the crazy me. 
I will never again take you for granted for you are one of the best presents I was gifted with…
My immaculate temple


John 2:21
"But he was speaking of the temple of his body."
Corinthians 15:44
"It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body."
"I have a woman's body and a child's emotions."
Elizabeth Taylor

No comments: