Monday, July 2, 2012

Ineptocracy


July 2nd
By: Gina Yoryet Román
July 2nd, 2012


One of my favorite subjects in college was Chicano and Latino Studies because I wanted to be in sink with my Mexican side. I could never wait for that class because I was infatuated with the Chicano boys, yet too timid to converse with them so I’d gaze at their pretty faces the entire class instead (it was life before black men at 17 years old - once I started dating black men, I never went back. LOL!).

That was NOT the main reason for my being there though. The strongest reason why I was drawn to that class was the Chicano and Pocho determination to come together NOT as Mexicans nor as Americans but as one team, one dream, one group of individuals caught in the midst of two worlds and cultures reaching out to their roots to decipher their origin. They fought for the freedom of their fellow immigrants and their purpose was to establish a Latino legacy within the government all over the U. S.

They wanted more names like these to be ranked highly in politics:
Sal (Salvador) Sánchez, Ben (Benjamín) Mendoza, Michael (Miguel) Villaraigoza, Sandy (Sandra) Salazar, Monny (Monica) Flores, Manny (Manuel) Hernandez, Louie (Luis) Gomez, Joe (José) Fernández, Frank (Francisco) Aguilar, Mark (Marco) Alvarez, Ossie (Osvaldo) Pacheco, Gabe (Gabriel) Medina, Pete (Pedro) Cienfuegos,  Tony (Antonio) Robles, Fabian Nuñez, and so on. 

They are prevailing slowly throughout the years as there are many talented Latinos, such as, Marco Rubio, the Senator in Florida, prior Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante in California, Antonio Villaraigoza, Los Angeles Major, Ken Salazar, Obama’s Secretary of Labor, Rafael Anchia, State Representative from Texas, a Democratic lawmaker in the Texas House, and many others.

There are also those Chicanos like Ernesto Cienfuegos, the editor in chief of La Voz de Aztlan, ("The Voice of Aztlán"), this website publishes news articles, commentary, and opinion pieces on immigration, the U.S.-Mexico border, the anti-illegal immigration movement, the Israel-Palestine conflict, and the supposed domination of world media and politics by "Zionists" and Jews.



One of the most interesting and controversial pieces of writing they published on their website was, TheProtocols of the Elders of Zion,” which coincides with “Zeitgest,” a documentary I watched about four years ago. These two sources of information prove what people have always neglected to admit, instead bombarding our mind with a million useless distractions.

Our right lies in force. The word "right" is an abstract thought and proved by nothing. The word means no more than: Give me what I want in order that thereby I may have a proof that I am stronger than you.”

The Protocols of Zion and Zietgeist prove the curse of the PRI, the Institutional Revolutionary Party that falls more under this term, "Ineptocracy (see T-shirt above)." Yesterday, July first, Enrique Peña Nieto became México’s next President bringing much despair to millions of Mexicans. Our country’s future is bleak once again being in the PRI’s hands. What angers me the most is all those who favor him! Is it real? I don´t think so!

Of course I would have never given my vote to him so as dreadful as I felt, “willingly” dragged by my feet, I casted a vote for el PAN, Josefina Vazquez Mota who seemed very promising. Political matters are always a double-edged sword so voting was out of the question until yesterday…
I voted in México for the first time in my life!
The mere thought of blending more in México terrifies me but I finally stepped up and accomplished it.

Why I did it? Because I didn’t want to give away another vote to el PRI 
What gets to me the most is how low they make our country go. I am fed up with all these actions showing a corrupt, violent and crap of a country face to the world. Foreigners are terrified to even set a finger here, why can’t they look at the whole picture and realize that what’s really behind all the turmoil is a beautiful and safe country that is bleeding in its own lands unnecessarily. 

Today I woke up feeling very anxious, pessimistic and in despair with one last tinge of hope for el PRI to have been defeated by el PAN.
But it didn’t happen. Now it all seems to be gloom and doom. I wonder what our Mejico will portray two years down the line in those hands. 

The gray stormy day didn’t help either. As I drove to two appointments, I pondered on this, “is there really such thing as democracy, (government by the people; especially : rule of the majority) and freedom of speech?” “It is NOTHING but the most abstract idea I have ever known of."

All is there to do is to keep our prayers going for an impeccable and immaculate México, the México that lies buried somewhere under hypocrisy, falsehood and a stupid and unnecessary war of power and greed by our rulers that won’t lead anywhere.


No comments: