Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Remar fuerte no sirve de nada si el barco va hacia el lado equivocado


Rowing harder doesn't help if the boat is headed in the wrong direction
July 11, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Román


“You project so much peace Gina,” “my friend who I introduced you to last week said you are a very serene person,” “I could never argue with you, raise my voice or disrespect you in any way because in my dreams you are a figure of discipline and authority and when I see you, you automatically spread your peaceful aura.”
I have always been very skeptical about coincidences but different people have implied the same in the last couple of weeks. My skepticism doesn’t have anything to do with their word but because never before had I had so much inner and outer peace like at this stage of life.
I would’ve never imagined anyone telling me that but I can see why. In earlier years my anger, pain and frustration were manifested in particular ways that I would NEVER come close to now. Crying or wimping out were NOT a choice according to my father as he was not the huggy, kissing and lovey dovey type to comfort our girly cries when we reached out for him; he’d instead take us to the mountains to teach us how to shoot, complementing that with a wild motorcycle ride or a driving lesson in his huge 4-wheel drive pick ups since he was enamoured with those machines. 
My father has been one of the strongest and most rigid men I’ve ever known which there were many complaints about before but now thanks to that and to other life’s experiences, I’ve become the woman I am now. 
So, during my childhood, adolescence and even three or four years ago I was still in a duel in desperate search of the person I am to become and throughout time instead of crying, all my crisis happened in the privacy of my room showing an intact face to the world causing all the negative feelings stirring inside to be unleashed in a particular way…



My body was used as an escape, when I got my first tattoo I was barely 15 years old. I was fast and furious every chance I got to oppose my father’s authority. Every single one of his orders was fired back with an attack of rebellion by harming myself. I remember asking him once, “What would you do if I got a tattoo?” He screamed infuriated, “Over my dead body, you are out of your mind!” The next thing he knew, I was already marked and eventually he gave up because when I confronted him, it was a life or death battle. 
One of the many things I’ve learned in life is that two people with amazingly strong personalities can very seldom give in, otherwise it is a sign of weakness.
To express more freedom and infuriating him even more, my hair later became the target; it turned purple and green and to abuse my body just a little more, I got one piercing and then another one. 
There were many years of craze but as the adult I’ve become, there aren’t any traces of that rebel with many causes. LOL!
Now as opposed to being explosive, impulsive and decorating and piercing my body, I reflect more before jumping into an abyss and bouncing right back, I am more assertive and everything is projected in a much more solemn way like praying, meditating, reading, working out, writing, taking long joy rides and going M. I . A. (Missing in Action) until all my bad vibes have been purged out.
Before trying to change someone, I force myself to understand that change starts within so I shall start with the only person I can ever be in full control of and I’ve instead become a Cuaima, not in a selfish aspect but strength wise but most important of all, carrying a nice clean cut image is very relaxing. 
 “Rowing harder doesn't help if the boat is headed in the wrong direction”

“Remar fuerte no sirve de nada si el barco va hacia el lado opuesto”
Kenichi Ohmae

       "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

       Corintios 6:19-20
 ¿Acaso no saben que su cuerpo es templo del Espíritu Santo, quien está en ustedes y al que han recibido de parte de Dios? Ustedes no son sus propios dueños;20 fueron comprados por un precio. Por tanto, honren con su cuerpo a Dios.

No comments: