Friday, February 3, 2012

NEVER ASK “WHY ME LORD?"

This is Why We Should Never Ask, “Why Me Lord?”
February 3rd, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman

Towards the end of December I was very pumped up although things are always very low work wise during that season (they always pick up starting January). Unlike most of those days I was trying to keep the flame of hope alive and not panic majorly as usual or infect anyone with my bad vibes.

Everything was well internally but then all these unexpected things came up and it seems as if I keep stumbling with the same tedious little obstructions that keep pulling me down.

Two weeks ago I couldn’t even stand myself and I wondered, “Why do these things happen, why me, why now, why here, what for, am I supposed to learn a lesson from this, will that forge the person I was meant to be, am I supposed to tackle problems one by one and refuse to take anything other than the good and do the best with them?”

While looking at my inner chart and trying to control the battle within, it appeared as though a powerful incline started taking a toll but suddenly it hit again... The usual pump and dump with my mood swings.

Yesterday and today I was on the verge of insanity since I had a deadline so I stayed up till 2am working and this morning I did my usual rise at 4:30, 4:40 but not because I went to the gym but because I had to comply with the due date. It was very satisfying to release all the tension when it was done but at the same time it was impossible because there hasn’t been one single second for me to rest (it’s 10pm and my bed is snowed under with clean clothes to put away, I’ve got one last phone call to make and get some documents ready to meet a colleague of mine) so I’m estimating to hit the sack at about midnight or 1am.

One factor as to why everything is gloom and doom at this moment is the random yet repetitive dreams of my childhood. It feels as if they will always come back to haunt me… I am not quite ready to air it out just yet, I am allowing myself a two year window frame for all the traces of writing to merge into a whole.
Among other reasons is my usual overwhelming agenda which is the least to be preoccupied about as I’ve chosen it that way because I enjoy it. The busier my mind, the better, I use it as a weapon to help me fight against my demons. LOL! But it really hit me this week. Three or four projects are in the works and the amount of information to read and fill out is amazingly tiring, uninteresting, tedious and time consuming. I shouldn’t complain though because everything is a learning experience.

The only thing that keeps me hopeful is that these will only be a one time LONG process and pretty soon I’ll be able to shake off all the fatigue, refresh myself, shrug my shoulders and give myself a pat on the back.

Therefore, instead of wasting energy unnecessarily in wanting to know a million things, I should make a HUGE copy of this reading and paste it to my ceiling so I can read it every night before I go to sleep or when “Señora Insomnia” decides to pay me a visit.”


“Never Ask, “Why Me Lord?”
Me (in a tizzy) : God, can I ask you something?
GOD: Sure.

Me: Promise you won't get mad?
GOD: I promise.

Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?
GOD: What do you mean?

Me: Well I woke up late,
GOD: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start,
GOD: Okay....

Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait
GOD: Hmmmm..

Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call
GOD: All right

Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that????
GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

Me (humbled): Oh...
GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road
Me (ashamed): ............

GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work
Me (embarrassed): Oh.....

GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered

Me (softly): I see God
GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry God.
GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad

Me: I WILL trust you God
GOD: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.

GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.

Scriptural References: II Samuel 22:31, Proverbs 3:5, Hebrews 2:13
"The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.. .."
(Proverbs 11:25)

No comments: