Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Fuel, December 28, 2011

My fuel
Christmas 2011
December 28, 2011
By Gina Yoryet Roman



This Christmas was very peaceful and quiet which gave me time to reflect a little on all of 2011’s happenings and to yearn spending time with all the members in my family.
Every holiday season two or three of us get together but we are so far apart and some have their own families that it can never be all of us.
I picture my niece and nephews, all those cute little bundles of terror monkeying around in the living room, destroying everything that comes their way, screaming in laughter and having fun worry free in their own innocent way.

I also close my eyes and envision my sisters and I, going to a professional photographer and taking pictures together, the five of us, all the ladies in the family, forever engraving the image of just us in our hearts and going back twenty years ago when we would lend each other our shoes, our dresses and skirts, when we used to sleep on the same bed because we were terrified of the dark, being there for each other when we used to sneak out the window when my parents didn’t let us go out at late hours and endless memories.

All those priceless momentos of my childhood wouldn’t be complete without them because they are the only ones who know me like the palm of their hand, the only ones who have been there for me all my life and the only women who will stand out for me till the end of time.

This warm season also took me back to some time ago when I asked God to lift me up and help me be the person he wants me to be so I could help others.


But the most meaningful thought was that despite my desire to look and feel better physically and possess and accomplish more in life, I’m very satisfied with writing, with my fitness goals and most of my short term goals that have been met and the long-term ones that are still in the works.

And one of the many things that fulfilled me throughout 2011 were all the meaningful comments (I wish I would’ve kept them all) people posted on my articles.
Although I'd never expressed how grateful I am, those words pierced right through my soul, they are what has kept me going and motivates me more…
They are my fuel.

Among those words, I only got a not so positive comment once but not about my writing, it was more about not having an interest in reading my posts but for the most part, all of them have been great.
When I wrote “Be Thankful for the Simple Life,” last November, a friend of mine called me crying because she was so touched by my writing.

I was like WOW! I never thought that my writing would make such an impact on someone…
Another one of my clients and a woman I am very fond of left me a voice mail once telling me how much she enjoyed all my posts.

I even got two comments from O. P., someone I don’t even know but takes the time to read and add commentaries about my writing!

Those wonderful people are my drive, what else could I ask for?...


From: RV
To: GYR
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:37 PM
Subject: Feliz Navidad!
Hola Yoryet!

Wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I enjoy reading your essays, so please keep up the writing.

From: AW
To: GYR
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 9:06 PM
Subject: RE: December sixteen
Hi my dear, For sure you are a wonderful writer. I am very proud to know you and I know that someday I will say that I knew her when.
I hope that you have a wonderful Holiday! Take care of yourself and I wish you great things for 2012!
AW

From: ER
To: GYR
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: The Simple Life
Yoryet,

This is nice... hope you have had a great Thanksgiving

Miss you...

Regards,
ER


From: AM
To: GYR
Sent: Fri, June 10, 2011 12:08:46 PM
Subject: Re: Do life experiences define the “I” now
Wow, you're such a great writer Yoryet. Your an inspiration. It sounds like you've really grown to love living in Mexico. I think it's great that your so involved in your community.
Yoryet. You were a good friend and have good memories of us hanging out.
God Bless
AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina, Those moments lived are like unforgettable and will always be unique. Believe that those moments you lived about 20 years ago I feel like I was there with you.

I am glad you like my comments even though you feel like you don't know me, you do know me more than what you believe you do.

Nice articles, I love them it is why I read them all. Please keep going I’ll be your fuel. :-)

OP