Friday, October 7, 2016

My story, My book

My story, My book
Why I’ve been on an extended hiatus
October 7, 2016
By: Gina Yoryet Román

These words resonated very directly, intensely and clearly in my mind during my solitary stroll last Saturday and Sunday. I spent a whole two days with Me, Myself and I. My first and foremost reason was to unclutter my mind, to distance myself from certain toxic and demoralizing individuals that will do anything to sabotage one’s serenity because deep down they are very miserable, and last but not least, I wanted to pray and shake off the stranger within that has carved itself very deeply into me and won’t give up the ship. 

The stranger inside has got me in gridlock. I let it forsake who I am. In a moment of weakness I let myself be dominated by an intruder, an uninvited person, yet someone I have known all my life. The someone that can control me if I don't pray, stay hopeful and shield and nurture myself with a healthy environment. It is cynical to imply that this outsider has ravaged me from head to toe. It is very narcissistic to sit here and let my “inner” turmoil rob me from my peace, and hope for a “better” moment when I have let me be consumed by everything and everyone else.

Today when I went for another lone walk, I realized that what seems to be fractured inside of me, will get salvaged once I set my mind, heart and soul into it and bounce back. Through that restoration I will find my real objective. I also substantiated the palpability of every single event that took me here and my current circumstances. It all entails to nothing more than my feebleness.  Every unfavorable event has been linked to another; my lack of motivation to work out, the anxiety stirred by that, my unwillingness to control my unexplained cravings, the struggle with my weight, the state of uncertainty as for our future, the loss of Victoria Esperanza, a few aging issues. Outlining it all in a nutshell; Spiritual, emotional, personal, physical, professional, financial, setbacks.

I once said that at this given point in life, I could not allow myself to fail any of these aspects, yet, I have, not only one, but all of them. Me, Myself, and I, are standing at at a crossroad impaired of a clear vision of where to go and what to do next. I am unclear of where to go next, all I know is that I yearn for Gina Yoryet, the one with extensive body sculpting experience. The one who helps women lose weight and reshape their bodies. The one who lived in her own writerly world, the one who always sought writing as a therapy, the one with a strong mind and a resilient body. The one with an unyielding faith.

Today was an indicator to slowly start claiming who I am. Now is the time to stop forsaking me because the real me has revealed itself and me wants to be me again. Feel beautiful, be at peace and ease with myself, stand up for who I am, and claim my ABC’s. Keep in mind that there is always hope as long as the circumstances are within my control.

Because...

This is MY life…
MY story…
MY book…
I will NO longer let anyone else write it;
nor will I apologize for the edits I make


No comments: