Sunday, October 19, 2014

A flourishing runner with a gleaming future..

A flourishing runner with
a gleaming future..
Cristina Guevara
October 19, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Román

This morning I could hear the enthused crowd waiting for the clock to tick right at 8:00 a. m. The 30th 42.1k took place in Guadalajara. Prior years I would’ve celebrated the victory along with them,  not quite now though.

It is NOT all completely over though, I can still at least savor victory through other high-rendering athletes like Cristi, Cristina Guevara, a 16 year old young runner who has the force and determination of an all time pro.

Full name: Cristina Guadalupe Esteban
Place of birth: Guadalajara Jalisco
Age: 16
DOB: November 11, 1987
Currently lives in: Guadalajara
Current weight: 53 (116.84499895805 pounds)
Height: 1.59 meters (5.216535433 feet)
Body type: Mesomorph
BMI: 21.2
Blood type: 0 +
What sport do you train? Track and Field, 800 and 1,500 meters
How long have you been training? 16 years
Where do you train? Unidad Revolución in Guadalajara
How long do you train? Monday through Friday 4 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon, Saturdays- 3.4-5, and Sundays 1.5 hours.
Competitive goal: Train to make the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro
Physical objective: I want to be and remain healthy, to accomplish a lifetime goal.
(CRISTINA WILL SEND ME A LIST OF HER MOST IMPORTANT COMPETITIONS).
Personal goal:
Do you have a special diet? It is based on the number of hours I train, when it gets closer to competition I eat small meals every four hours. I have to keep my body hydrated with electrolytes and serum, gatorade,
Do you have any cheat days? I indulge myself once a week or on weekends.
What is your weakness? Tacos, red meat and bread, dessert, without vegetables.
Do you have any future plans as far as fitness: I would like to have my own children’s team; teach them about health and fitness and begin training them in running. Direct school sports.
Why do you run, compete? I like to challenge myself and see how far I can go, it is a compromise with myself that will later lead me to apply my discipline resistance and focus to other areas of my life such as my family, friends, professional, spiritual, physical, emotional.
Have you won any medals? My most recent one was second place in Sao Paolo Brazil, Campeonato Iberoamericano de Atletismo, in 2008 I won 3rd place in Campeonato Iberoamericano in Iquique Chile, Campeonato Nacional de 1era Fuerza, 1st place in 500 meters, Among others.
Do you have practice other sports? No, I am fully dedicated to track & Field.
Do you juggle other activities besides school, sports and family? I take English classes because I love languages (4 hours a week), I work at an Elementary school teaching kids Track & Field, coordination, discipline, interact, team work, etc,
How do you see yourself in 15, 20 years from now? I envision myself doing Track & Field, stay in Guadalajara, encourage sports, health, nutrition. I would like to influence young talent with my experience, knowledge and expertise.
What advice would you give to amateur athletes? You have to be persistent, disciplined, focused, this requires time, energy, effort, will. Be aware that you will run into obstacles, you have to remain resilient and keep in mind that it doesn’t matter how many times you fail but the number of times you bounce back. If you’re really passionate about it, your passion will reveal your purpose. Always set short and long term goals and actually accomplish them.
Why do you think that overweight and obesity have become a worldwide problem?
It is something that can be prevented from a very early age on, parents and our society have to ingrain good health habits in all areas (mind, body, soul, etc.) and discipline. Abiding by this will saves us a lot of problems and pain. Therefore I strongly believe that if we, all the world as one, comes together we can indeed make it happen, reduce that alarming percentage of health issues.
What do you think people let themselves go, why is this such a detrimental issue?
Lack of motivation, discipline, they don’t want to make it happen. Unfortunately and sadly, our society mix exercise with vanity and plastic surgeries, they take a negative approach and then a million different excuses follow. Perhaps they don’t love themselves enough to adopt and work towards a positive and transparent lifestyle.
How can we change or influence that for better? Have tv, or radio programs, workshops and other health channels geared to all ages.
Any other comments? Invite everyone to practice sports, dedicate time to themselves. It is not impossible, you can even do a 20-30  minute power walk.

No comments: