Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A dose of reality

By: Gina Yoryet Roman
Health & fitness is one of my realities

It is now 8:18, I am just getting home and I still have a myriad of pending issues before I hit the sack. Just thinking about them overwhelms me. I’m trying to debate whether to listen to the recorded webinar I missed yesterday for the upcoming ebook, ‘Rules and Tools that Build Successful Women,’ which will publish on the 27th, write another post, send some quotes to a couple of clients, or fully focus on my sweet potato and glass of milk and really enjoy them as opposed to taking a little bite and sip here and there unable to savor them in their entirety.

Ok, some of these pending tasks can hold off till tomorrow so I am going to post because I miss writing. Writing has always been one of my greatest loves in life but when I developed the habit to do it consistently, it diverted into a passion which will reveal my purpose one day sooner rather than later...

Really? The other day when I was asked if a movie were being made about my life, what would I call it and which actress would play me, It didn’t surprise me because I’d thought and asked myself the same thing many times prior to that.

My answers:
Name of movie:
Gina Yoryet's biography.
What actor would play you? The one who'd play me would be an ordinary young woman who resembles me physically and who's gone through similar experiences because not one single actress can relate to my life.

Ever since I was a little girl I was restless, later as a teenager, I was still antsy, I became a dreamer but was at a loss so I didn’t take any action, in my twenties I started making some things happen slowly and progressively but was still indecisive, insecure and daunted by life. In my early thirties I was still terrified but made a huge transition, stepped up and empowered myself. Ever since every day that goes by, I’ve looked at the palm of my hand to count the gifts, skills and the power lying in my grip.

There I was able to find all the answers and learnt that despite the diversity and consternating and painful setbacks, I’ve been physically and emotionally resilient and even when I’ve been bent temporarily countless times, I’ve never been completely broken.

That’s why if I were able to make a movie about myself, (I would love to have the opportunity one day!), choosing an actor to depict me wouldn’t be hit or miss,  it would be a complete miss. That’s why I emphasized that the someone to represent me would be an ordinary young woman who resembles me physically and who's gone through similar experiences because not one single actress can relate to my life. Not a single actress comes close to who I am, what drives me or the contributing factors that have shaped me into the woman I am meant to be.

Actors/actresses do an amazing job but each human being has their own ambitions, aspirations, dreams, reasons, expectations, objectives, drives and desires. Mine are only a few: Spirituality, family, work and business ethics, health and fitness, charity work, reading, playing with words, reflecting and embracing the simplicity of life.

I can’t miss my purpose through them in my biographical film!

If it happens one day, that will be my dose of reality!

No comments: