Monday, December 16, 2013

The most meaningful and valuable gift


The most meaningful and valuable gift
December 16, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman








Today I went on a stroll to unwind and to meet a friend of mine who took me out to dinner on this ‘special’ day. While we enjoyed dinner, we reminisced about having celebrated this day in 2011, 2012 and 2013 together. This is very meaningful to me as I don’t think I have ever spent this particular day with anyone else three years in a row. These special moments and the significant gifts we get, are what really add value to life. 

All of this is what keeps me alive, like the key chain I was given by one of the most loved people in my life in the 1990’s. The ‘Y’ is the initial of my name embraced by Mickey Mouse. In my mind, the Y represents me, and the Mickey Mouse speaks for that special someone clasping on to me and comforting me amid my solitude and harsh moments. 

At times when I am alone feeling lonely, forgotten and abandoned, I hold on to my key chain knowing that that dear loved someone is thinking about me and it brings warmth to my heart. 

No comments: