Friday, November 8, 2013

Unraveling life's mysteries


Unraveling life’s mysteries
November 8, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


If I put more time into reading, I don’t have time to write, if I have long work days, I am to wiped out to work out, if I dedicate too much time to volunteer work, sometimes I have to put myself behind and forget about laying low. If I don’t take it easy, my energy level is very low and I just act and do things robotically.

Sometimes I think how I’ll handle it all, balance everything equally and manage to stay faithful to  my ABC’s... 

Other times I ask myself why make the effort to write, why I pray, what is the real purpose for working out; perhaps vanity, health, weight loss, routine, necessity, love. Why go out of my way and do volunteer work, why read so much...

In occasions when I am overrun by the circle of life, I truthfully feel like throwing in the towel... 

On the other hand, when I regard at life as a whole from a more analytical point of view, I conclude that everything that entails my circle is what keeps me going. What rejuvenates me...

I would like to say, Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:30-6:45am, are devoted to working out, Tuesday and Thursday I am going to sleep in (sleeping in for me is 8 am, 9am the latest). Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be shorter work days. Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be my weekend. Monday and Tuesday evenings I’m going to spend more time reading. Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings will be given to writing. 

In reality, there’s not a set time to work, nor a particular time to work out, neither a specific time to read, or a given moment to pray, a precise moment to do volunteer work, and there’s never the right time to dodge everything and go M. I. A. for a short while. 

But like I said, all the aforementioned is what gets me up and running in the morning, I am the happiest woman on the planet when I work and stay faithful to my loves. The point is to find a purpose of it all amidst the mystery and ups and downs to fully enjoy life whether there’s a special someone in my life or not. 

At a young age I learned to resolve to love life for what it is, not for what I possess. 

No comments: