Monday, November 11, 2013

A very focused fitness enthusiast


A very focused fitness enthusiast
November 11, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



For many individuals, 5am is a mad time to work out, unlike for Monica who I have the chance to share the gym with when/if I make it at that time.

I met her a few months back before the summer when her and her partner Sandra joined the gym. As usual, it is very exciting for me to meet fitness enthusiasts. Her and many others who I spend time with breaking a sweat are unbeknownst to the fact that they are a shot in the arm for me. 

Full details:
Mónica Fernández Gómez
Age: 44 years old
DOB: July 13, 1969
Weight: 53.8 (118.609 pounds)
Height: 1.60 meters (5.24934 feet)
Body Mass Index: 20.7
Body type: A mix of Mesomorph and Endomorph
Total time training at gym: 1 year 
Days a week: 6
Other sports practiced: I played soccer when I was a little girl until I was a teenager. I also played squash for a while.
Fitness goal: Increase muscle mass and define my muscles, consume very little carbohydrates because I have cellulite so carbs triggers it more. I also want to increase the weight while lifting.
Special diet: I don’t have a particular diet.
Biggest challenge: To have a well balanced diet.
Daily routine: I get up at 4am, go to the gym, I take a protein shake, I go to work until 3pm, I go home and have lunch, at about 5pm I take a siesta, I wake up and check all my pending work. Then I check my email at about 9pm and I try to be in bed by 10 or 10:30.
Current occupation: I am a Middle School Spanish Teacher.
Other hobbies: I have liked to exercise all my life, I love it, it has become a necessity.
Advice to other amateur athletes or to those who want to lose weight: Don’t get discouraged, it is only a matter of time to find the charm in sports and health and fitness.
Further comments: N/A

Her and Sandra definitely have the stamina of a twenty year old, I don’t know where they get the energy to get up at 4am almost every day of the week! It reminds me of my good ‘ole days. It is somewhat difficult for me to make fitness goals with this never ending hiatus that is taking a LOT more than expected but I will start demanding a little more from me as of 2014 God willing!

No comments: