Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nature doesn't Lie


Nature doesn’t Lie
June 12, 2013 
By: Gina Yoryet Roman




Of all the adjectives to describe me during my peak years, it would be something like this: lively, energetic, full of life able-bodied, active, all right, athletic, blooming, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, chipper, firm, fit, flourishing, fresh, hale, hardy, healthful, hearty, husky, in fine feather, in fine fettle, in good shape, in the pink, lively, lusty, muscular, normal, physically fit, potent, restored, robust, rosy-cheeked, safe and sound, sound, stout, strong, sturdy, tough, trim, unimpaired, vigorous, virile, well, whole, unbreakable, and more adjectives that signify healthy.

This deep thought came to me earlier today when I realized that for the first time yesterday and today there was a substantial physical difference. I felt lighter, brighter, more energized, less somnolent, a little stronger and actually, full of life. It is hard to envision a healthy me once again after all the physical discomposure I’ve gone through since early April. Just when I thought I was one step from reaching wholeness, I started experiencing a very intense and sharp pain on my operated knee. 

The truth is that I tried to deceive my nature. I talked myself into believing that I was ok, got a little crazy and did some jump rope. A BIG NO, NO! I wish I could reverse time and undo the physical hurt I caused. I mean six months + post surgery I should be fine but no! “Come on body, you are taking too long! Count to a million and remember the oath you made to yourself.” “Don’t be a deaf and blind tenant and listen to your body!”
After this painful experience I am breaking up with any high intensity and impacting workout routine (for the rest of this year) in order to avoid further hurt. I have to learn to beat the odds, be patient and do what I can within my limits because nature doesn’t lie.

My body is not as strong, flexible nor does it withstand the same strain I put it through so what's left is, to lay low and accept nature...
The reality of having been there, done that and my time is up. 


No comments: