Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In MY perfect world


In MY perfect world
May 22nd, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



I would not have to get up at 4:30 to be at the gym at 5am to squeeze in a rushed work out... I would have the whole time to work out every day for however long it pleased me.

I would not have to say my silent prayers hurriedly before hopping out of bed...I would dedicate more time to pray at random times throughout the day.

In a perfect world I wouldn’t have to work so arduously, deadlines would be nonexistent, professional attire would be obsolete...

Money would grow on the trees in MY backyard and I would share it with the least fortunate ones...

In a perfect world, I would use most of my time, energy, effort and money to reach out to needy children in the world...

I wouldn’t be so emotionally driven nor would I get overwhelmed...

In a perfect world, I’d be married to THE one and ONLY, the best looking, most intelligent, responsible and loyal man for eternity...

In a perfect world, the social classes would be more balanced...

I would be the wisest, most powerful and successful woman in the entire universe...

I would fly, look through walls, read peoples’ minds and turn invisible to see what people are really about...

I wouldn’t have to be the most imperfect “perfectionist...”

In a perfect world, I would pray, read, write, workout and do volunteer work every single day...

I would travel more and work less...

I would have more time to sleep...

I wouldn’t have to deal with angry, frustrated or rude people....

I would never have my heart broken...

Life would always be nice and rosy...

There wouldn’t be black, down, bad moments, only white, up and good...


The truth is that I will never know that world but I don’t fret because as much as I may complain, as exhausted and delirious as I tend to get, nothing can replace the sense of being useful and making a difference in my life.

Sometimes I wish for many things that aren’t within my reach but on the other hand, all the things I do and the time frames I give myself, are what keep me alive. Sometimes the myriad of activities can drain me physically and emotionally but they are the right shot in the arm to get me going.

Therefore even if I am far away from existing in a perfect world, I don’t long for that. I am happy with my own world, surroundings and circumstances as they are my here and my now for a particular yet unknown reason...


No comments: