Saturday, September 29, 2012

Teamwork Makes the dream Work


Teamwork Makes the dream Work
Sep 29, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Román



From April 4 2002, to January 10th, 2003 I was an Office Manager at a Financial Services Company where I was in charge of the accounting, bookkeeping, managing, dealing with vendors and contractors, recording phone greetings, setting up voice mails, fax and phone codes to bill our agents at the end of each month. Among all those tasks my favorite one towards the end of every thirty day period was our One Team – One Dream newsletter that had to be sent to each of our 300 + agents to entice them and help them boost their sales.

Coming together and working as a whole was one of our key points to combat and annihilate our competitors and believe it or not, with this formula we witnessed an amazing outcome month after month.
From there on, I’ve tried to apply this principle to my day to day tasks despite of working independently a great part of the time.

As much as I love working alone, knowing that there is someone to reach out to for a quick chat when I am in the mood is a very warm feeling.
Like today, I did some house cleaning as volunteer work; M. G. a new parishioner at my church joined me to give a lending hand.
I was excited to meet and spend time with someone who understands and shares the same giving nature with me.

While we were cleaning we chatted on how self-fulfilling it is to see and help those in greater need as it distracts our minds from our narrow little world making us able to see outside our box.

Charity work has been TOP on my to do list since I was a teenager which goes like this: praying and attending mass regularly, working out (when I am in good health), writing, reading and doing volunteer work.
It can be fun to do it alone but when there is someone to help, it makes the moment more worthwhile.
One united team is better to seek for a daily opportunity and make the world a better place by helping improve the lives of the least fortunate ones.
Any task that is done together as the human fraternity that we are, makes the dream work because we are one team…sharing one dream.


Volunteer work can either be tedious or it can allow one to grow personally and spiritually. 

No comments: