Thursday, September 6, 2012

Always there





Always there
ER12
September 6, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Román
http://ya-somos-tapatios-wey.blogspot.mx/2012/09/always-there.html

Guapo and I had a phone conversation about sports the other night. At 16 (He’s on a count down to adding one more candle to his birthday cake). I love talking to him and that feeling is reciprocated because when he visits, there is always a lot to do, places to go, people to meet and so much to talk about.
One of the loves we share is sports. We can talk about running, biking, martial arts and now even wrestling as he just joined his High School’s wrestling team and another team of high regime workouts. He excitedly told me about how hard he trains and as the amateur he is, he wants to put his skills and strength into practice with a real flesh and bone being as opposed to a dummy… therefore, he concluded that I am the designated one.
In other words, he wants to practice his wrestling techniques with me! He thinks that I am as youthful as he is, little does he know that I am falling apart. Ha, ha!

Another thing we share is our love for music, Tiesto is among one of our favorite DJ’s. When he was last here, we lay in bed to watch comedy films or to listen to music like we did many times while he was growing up. One of the songs by Tiesto he was not familiar with, was “I will be here,” which talks about love but I am putting emphasis on these particular words because on October 5th when he welcomes another year, I want him to have these words listed on the top of his glossary: BELIEVE, WHAT LIES BEHIND US AND WHAT LIES BEFORE US, ARE TINY MATTERS COMPARED TO WHAT LIES WITHIN US, and THE WORLD IS IN YOUR HANDS and highly important, I want him to know that I will always be there...
 

You know when the moment comes To be strong, show resistance And that's what Will lead you to believe
When the big world falls apart And you think that the feeling will linger You need somewhere to start I will be here And when it all seems to fall apart You can't breathe You don't know what you're thinking You need somewhere to start I will be here

When the big world falls apart and you need somewhere to start I will be here And when it all seems to fall apart You can't breathe You don't know what you're thinking You need somewhere to start I will be here
You know when the moment comes To be strong, show resistance And that's what Will lead you to believe

With this in hand,  I want him to know that he can always rely on me when he goes after his dreams and to always maximize his potential spiritually, emotionally, professionally, physically and morally because sooner or later every single suffering moment will be worth the effort.
I want to teach that cute little toddler who I witnessed becoming a little boy, then blossoming into a handsome young man full of life to ALWAYS take the less traveled road.
E. R12
(Dado R12: number one of the second generation of the Romans).

No comments: