Sunday, September 2, 2012

Defeating my physical limitations


September 2nd, 2012
Defeating my physical limitations
By: Gina Yoryet Román



It’s hard to set fitness goals with physical limitations but at least it won’t be forever. Today I strolled around for about an hour and a half feeling very little pain so if I continue to feel this way, I will schedule five power walks plus work on my upper body and abs for two or three days. BUT don’t pressure my body for the time being, I really need to play it by ear depending on the intensity of the pain. Therefore I am envisioning this upcoming week something like this:

Diet goals:
1)     Stay clean: junk free; only have one free day but watch the portion since I am not doing a whole lot of moving so I am not worthy of splurging!
2)     Stick with fruits and veggies.
3)     Eat more protein
4)     Spend some time in the kitchen and try some recipes from my amazing athletic recipe book, ‘The Athlete’s Palate.’
5)     Bring my own lunch to work.
6)     Only eat out once or twice a week to avoid consuming extra calories.

Fitness goals:
1)     Monday, Thursday and Friday: Go to my fifty minute physical therapy sessions.
2)     Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday: Do a thirty minute physical therapy at home.
3)     Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday: Do a twenty-thirty minute session of upper body and abs at home.
4)     Saturday: Go to the sauna for twenty-thirty minutes right after my upper body workout session.
5)     Saturday: Try a twenty-thirty minute calisthenics session (a form of exercise consisting of a variety of simple, often rhythmical, movements, generally without using equipment or apparatus. They are intended to increase body strength and flexibility with movements such as bending, jumping, swinging, twisting or kicking, using only one's body weight for resistance. They are usually conducted in concert with stretches. Calisthenics when performed vigorously and with variety can benefit both muscular and cardiovascular fitness, in addition to improving psychomotor skills such as balance, agility and coordination) in the swimming pool.
6)     Start looking into Bikram yoga.
7)     Continue with the home remedy I started last Wednesday to reestablish the ligaments and cure the cyst that is robbing me from many nights of sleep.
8)     Stay at 52 kilos and NO MORE!
10)INSIST, RESIST and PERSIST to restore my body and defeat this temporary limitation.

No comments: