Saturday, June 16, 2012

Letters to D. R. & S. J. J. R.

Letters to D. R. & S. J. J. R.
By: Gina Yoryet Roman
June 14, 2012


My niece and nephew are going for  a one-week spiritual camping trip for the second time and my sisters asked family members and friends to write them a letter if/when they feel homesick.

It is a real honor for me to dedicate some words to them:




For: D. R.
From: Aunt Georgie
June 14, 2012


Handsome and youthful little man, I am always honored to dedicate a few words to the # 1 in the second generation of the Roman Dynasty.

I am very happy to know that you are growing into a respectful and fine young man as you have always been brought up.

Keep living a life full of transparency and honesty and don’t you EVER give up your morals and values because I will always be there pushing you to reach the summit.
I will NEVER let you give up because that is NOT a choice.

ALWAYS remember that there’s NO such thing as a free lunch so fight hard for your ideals because life is about fighting, conquering, thriving, winning, surviving, prospering, rising, happiness, life, courage, transparency, purity, hope, energy, good vibes, natural beauty, but most of all, freedom.

Respect and cherish your mother and all the loved ones who are behind supporting you.


“The Road to Success”

The road to success is NOT straight,
1)      There is a CURVE called FAILURE
2)      A loop Called CONFUSION
3)      Speed bumps called FRIENDS
4)      Red lights called ENEMIES
5)      Caution lights called FAMILY
6)      You will have flat tires called JOBS
7)      But if you have a spare one called DETERMINATION
8)      An engine called PERSEVERANCE
9)      A divine and powerful driver called GOD
10)  You will make it to a place called SUCCESS


I love you as if you were my own son and don’t ever doubt that if one day you are seeking financial, moral, spiritual support, I will be there till the end of time because the bond uniting us is one of the most powerful forces in the universe.

I am very proud of you young man!






For: S. J . J. R.
From: Aunt Georgie
June 14, 2012


S. J., I was very happy to hear your joyful and sweet voice yesterday, you sounded so radiant, proud and full of life to take another leap as you are now 11 years old!! Thank you for letting me be part of you and sharing your happiness with me and with all the ones who love you. Even though we are not close for the time being, I have faith that some day sooner rather than later we will share countless moments and blessings and I will witness watching you turn into the fine young lady you were meant to become.

I still remember that chubby little girl who was born 11 years ago. Every year that goes by you get closer to being the good natured girl God wants you to be.
Have fun, live your life to the max but within the principles that your amazing mother has taught you.
Don’t ever be afraid to take a stand and fight for your morals, values, ideals and ethics. Always take the less traveled road and reach all your goals with your own hard word.

If you ever want to spend a summer with me, the doors of my heart and my home will always be open for you because you are a part of me, a part of the Roman Dynasty.

As the “princesita” and “guerrera,” you are do not let anybody take you the wrong way. Make decisions based on the strong foundation you were raised with.

I wish I were there so we could spend some girlie time doing our nails, our hair, writing, watching a movie, reading a book or relaxing.

Sweetie, I miss you and love you dearly.

ALWAYS live by these rules:

1)      Love and cherish your mother
2)      Live a respectful life
3)      NEVER fall into “bad” influence
4)      Always fight for your morals, values, honesty and respect
5)      Live your life like the true lady you will some day be
6)      Don’t get deceived by the superficial and materialistic aspects of this world
7)      Love God, respect your loved ones and love yourself
8)      Treat your body like a cherished temple
9)      Always smile, even in the midst of turmoil
10)  Fight the battle called life with your most powerful weapons: your sword - honesty and your indestructible shields - values


“Who would you be if you don’t stand up for what you believe?”




No comments: