Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Purpose Given Life

The Purpose Given Life
January 1st, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman

It was all gloom and doom seven years and seven months ago as life took an unexpected turn and it left me with one of the most painful scars ever.

On May 20th, everything was up in the air, my life was under someone else’s control and I was terrified of the unknown.
“My” entire world fell down on me making me realize that I wasn’t the person I was supposed to be which led to endless days of a desperate search of answers and countless moments of rage wishing I’d disappear.

In my moments of doubt I never pondered on the fact that God does answer prayers and that there is a purpose for every human being in this planet and that every opportunity and blessing are disguised as tragedies.

2011 was a year to test my faith, to find my purpose, to set much higher and important goals, to leave many people and negative things behind, but most important of all, it was the time to find answers to “why me,” “why now,” “why here,” “why to others?”

Deep down I am still terrified of life but I do not let it control me, I try to focus instead on maximizing my abilities and unleashing my highest potential to tackle down all the obstacles lying ahead and to accomplish my purpose now at the right place and time.

And 2011 was when peace, serenity and gratification finally knocked on my door again.
A year when hope flourished again, when I met most of my health and fitness goals, the landmark when I reached most of my professional goals and my list of wishes was longer than ever and when I set much higher, serious and challenging expectations, a year when I was finally able to shrug my shoulders and shake off all the resentment and be more joyful.

When I finally gave up trying to understand daunting dreams that disturbed me, I prayed instead until anxiety disappeared.

But most of all, I am finally starting to understand The Purpose Given Life.

No comments: